“Wah Taj! Always reliable...”

Vivanta by Taj - Surya
Ranked #5 of 99 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have decided to start my own 'Taj Trails', which is staying at least 1 night in all Taj Hotels across India. They are that good. I reached Taj Surya, after a not so long drive from Munnar.

The check-in process was smoother than ever. A front desk office, Ms. Shalini was waiting for us, and escorted us directly to our room. We stayed in the Deluxe Delight Room which is by the pool on the 2nd floor. The room was very tastefully done up, and my wife, an artist & designer, had a lot of good things to say about the various elements in the room.

The food was regular Taj food, not as good as in Pune though, I still miss the Keema Pavs there...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SomilMittal
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had an overnight stop over here during a business trip. Whilst this hotel is very nice, there is something missing from the architecture or ambiance which otherwise make one feel at home. Perhaps it was the restaurants right next to reception with the only other exit being the lift to the rooms. I was on the 5th floor facing away from the race course so I did not get the benefit of that view. The a/c worked so well that I had to turn it off. The room was a bit small for my liking but there was an HDMI TV input for my smart phone. I was none to fond of having to pay for internet considering the hotel bill. A nice hotel, but I think I will keep looking for the perfect stop over in Coimbatore

Room Tip: I should have made a point of asking for a room racing the face course. The view in the opposite dir...
1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my family. The welcome was very good with hotel staff even presenting a surprise for my 1.5 years kid. That was really awesome. Then the staff went ahead in explaining the hotel which was nice. Only problem service had was in the morning where I believe the staff was having trouble in looking after the guests. But room was excellent with pool view and special mention for the bar which was stunning. Rates were on higher side considering the city and the availability even though i got weekend package. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank anki607
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed for a night, which I consider as most comfortable. Wonderful and efficient reception formalities. Nice room with all usual facilities at a reasonable price. Staff at all level very helpful, friendly and professional. Breakfast was excellent in all respect and Restaurant services were made it more enjoyable.

1  Thank Tataria
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Booked this online, got a nonsmoker room, being centrally located, its easy to reach, It had a lot of feel good factor, fantastic pool, gym and spa. most friendly srevice, kitchen and drinks menu has to catch up with the rest of the world, I have compliments only. Plus 20% off on food and beverage!

Room Tip: choose one with a pool view. other side has distant nilgris in hte backdrop. Fine by me, any room d...
2  Thank raj_benedict