Vivanta by Taj - Surya
M K Residency(Coimbatore)
US$ 39
US$ 35
Priceline
Hotel Grand Palace(Coimbatore)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 19
US$ 36
TripAdvisor
1,055 results
All reviewsrace coursered pearlchinese restaurantbusiness tripcoffee shopswimming poolbusiness hotelbuffet spreadidliexcellent stayan excellent hotelin room diningvalue for moneycourteous staffthe heart of the cityhotel is locatedpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This hotel has all that you could ask for. We had booked a Deluxe Allure suite. We found it spacious and very convenient. The staff were so willing to make sure you had a nice stay. The check in was smooth and seamless. Breakfast was plentiful and very good with very attentive waiting staff. After being a bit disappointed at the Vivanta by Taj, Kumarakom and Gateway Madurai, we were reassured that all was well with the Vivanta brand in Coimbatore. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vidyanavin491
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This big hotel has all the services you could ask for.
Although the room size was small, it was very clean and comfortable (the bed in particular mmmh)
The staff were oh so willing to make sure you had a nice stay. Our dirty clothes came back freshly washed and dried, and folded in a nice box.
We also got excellent service when we inquired about doctors: within 1 ½ hours of asking reception, a doctor had visited our room and prescribed medication, which reception purchased for us!
We stayed with a large group who raved about the hotel’s restaurant, although we never tried it ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandSCanberra
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel is ideal for a business traveller. The staff was very attentive, the rooms are clean and the restaurant was very good with a changing buffet. The location is off the main road resulting in a very quiet and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank brownmap
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were planning our baby’s first birthday and Vivanta by Taj was the newest block in town, so obviously it topped our list of shortlisted places. Right from day one of our visit, Mr Venugopal - the Manager, Mr Vijayan – The Chef were quick enough to finalize a menu even before the property was open to public in November 2011.

It has great ambience by the pool side, the southern breeze is something you get blown away with. We started our party at 7.30 PM and the main highlight of the evening was the Chefs dishes which turned out to be one of the finest culinary experiences in town. This was a pure vegetarian affair which we chose but there lies the challenge, dishing out great tasting vegetarian menu is far difficult than dishing out a great tasting non vegetarian menu. The rava idli which is mainly a banglorean delicacy and which you normally do not get in tamil nadu, the char grilled lasagne, the live main plates and the curries were all proving to be a great gastronomical experience to the guests. Proof lies in the pudding anyways, the malpoa – rabdi combination was something the coimbatorians loved amongst other delicacies.

It was an evening to remember and many would remember the party for a long time for the great culinary experience by the chef and his team. Arrangements and attention to detail was meticulously taken care of Mr. Venugopal and his team comprising of Mr. Anto & Mr. Mohan who made us feel at home and well taken care of. Great show guys, keep it up!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jaggu916
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Let me start off by stating that I am unaccustomed to expensive hotels, a category which this hotel falls under, in my books at least. Virtually every aspect of my stay ranged from very good to excellent. More importantly, maximum marks for my three critical areas: hygiene, good sleep, good shower.

The hotel transport from the airport was very good. The car was new, the driver safe and polite. Bottled water and Gatorade was offered, as was a Sony PSP and a massage seat.
Arrival was fantastic. As the car pulled up to the hotel, seven hotel staffs were standing by to welcome me. One opened the car door. Another ushered me in to the hotel. A security guard apologised for the metal detector security procedure. Two carried my suitcase and backpack. In the lobby, someone offered a delightfully refreshing drink, while another took me straight up to the room. Not used to this, but I could get used to it.

The corridor was wide, well lit, nicely decorated and welcoming. Access was with a key card, but not the finicky one where you had to slot it in. This is a much easier proximity card. Into the room. A personalised welcome note and a plate of apples were on the console. The apples were nice, but I would have preferred if it was a variety instead of three apples. Still, it was appreciated. The hotel website promised welcome cookies, which were conspicuously absent.

The room was not particularly spacious (I was in the cheapest, sorry, least expensive room, after all) but not cramped by any means. Cleanliness was what you would expect, you couldn’t find a speck of dust or a scuff mark if you tried. The bed was fantastic, with 6 pillows and a bolster to choose from.

There were a wide variety of TV channels, and a handy patch panel at the desk offered AV, S-Video, RGB, HDMI and USB ports. There were no less than 7 power sockets, excluding the one in the bath for shavers. At last, a hotel which understands that the modern traveller may carry a boatload of portable devices, all needing to recharge after a day about town. Good to note that there were a variety of sockets too. Well done! Internet access is chargeable, something which I fail to understand. Gee whizz, gimme free please.

Bathroom was simple but nicely laid out. The towels were thick and soft. Shower controls were good, and water pressure and temperature were consistent. There were only some very basic freebies in the bath, like the obligatory shampoo and soap. For the standard they were striving for, I was surprised to see so few offerings in the bathroom.

Décor was largely classy and conservative. However, the mosaic wall of mother of pearl at the bed was not to my liking. I thought it was too glitzy compared to the wood and marble. The other item which I did not like was a faux sandstone carving hanging on the wall over the complimentary tea making facilities. Cheap plastic.

The gym is acceptable. A face towel and bottled water is provided, and a physical trainer is on hand to offer guidance and encouragement. The treadmill motor is slightly underpowered, and there are no bar bells. The free weights and machines are new and in good working condition.

The hotel is located on the oval shaped Racecourse Road. A wide pedestrian walkway runs the entire 2.5km of the road, with playgrounds and mini attractions along the way. Locals obviously like this place. Office workers relaxing after a long day, families walking together, children at the playground, toddlers strutting their cute stuff. It’s a very convenient A refreshing way of Very enjoyable indeed. Along the road were a few eateries: Subway, a fried chicken outlet, a coffee joint and a restaurant.

I only had the opportunity to dine at the Latitude. I ordered a simple chicken biryani instead of trying out the buffet, not because the buffet did not look appetising but to avoid the temptation of over-indulging myself. I quietly remarked that the biryani did not come with any greens, and in the next minute there was a plate of salad on my table, followed up with some tasty morsels from the buffet table, all complimentary. The waiters wanted me to try everything, and seemed genuinely proud of their hotel, culture and country. I also had the homemade lemonade and ginger ale, both were awesome. And when I had stuffed myself, there came a plate filled with a variety of local desserts accompanied by grinning waiters urging me to give it a try. Huge as my tummy is, I had to apologise for not finishing the sweet desserts.

So, does all the niceties justify the price tag? If you can afford it, or if someone else is paying for it, enjoy! Would I pay for it? No, ‘cos I’m a cheapskate!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business