“Brand New Luxury Hotel in Coimbatore!”

Le Meridien Coimbatore
Ranked #9 of 93 Hotels in Coimbatore
Mumbai, India
“Brand New Luxury Hotel in Coimbatore!”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Le Meridien opened their new property formally on 11.11.11 in Coimbatore and incidentally I chose to stay with them when I visited Coimbatore on 22nd/23rd November,2011.
The pluses now:
Very modern, very spacious rooms, spacious toilets, very good decor of the room as well as the Hotel as a whole.
It gives a magnificient view looking from the corridor down. A real big break-fast place with a good choice to suit anyone's taste.
Airport pick-up (depending on the tariff one chooses) with a welcome gesture of offering cold towel and water when you board the car at the Airport itself.
In all, it is a very refreshing addition to Coimbatore which lacks a 5 star Hotel.
Now the minuses:
The staff and the atmosphere could be more friendly!They tend to be stiff giving gestures of respect which could be easily changed to gestures of being friendly with politeness. Right from the Airport, reception at the portico, front-office,Restaurant- people seem to be a little stiff.
The Hotel is 6 kms on the opposite side to the city when one comes out of the Airport to the road leading to the city. It may be a problem for some people who have actual business in the city itself. But, the travel time could be only half an hour which seems to be ok compared to the travel time in other cities.
I am sure over some more months, this property wil be a preferred hotel for business travellers, especially the foreigners.

Room Tip: Room allotted to me was Pool facing and it was an excellent view!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Ganesh J
Sanjay G, General Manager at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear Mr. Ganesh J
We thank you for taking out time and giving us your valuable feedback. Your feedback assists us to measure our team’s performance more effectively and work harder to make sure every customer has the positive experience.

With regard to the stiffness of the staff we are training our associates and making them understand the service culture required by our esteemed guests. I am sure your next journey will give you a enriching perspective at Le Meridien Coimbatore

Look forward to welcome you again soon at the hotel.

Sanjay Gupta
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Asia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was impressed by the hotel lobby and the arrival services. I have been greet by the whole team at the lobby. First room i given was a Junior suite. If you are aim for a bigger working space, you should not do so. The room is separated in two areas. When you want in to the room, you will see 3.5 walls and a lonely sofa, coffee table and a TV console. Nothing else. You can find numbers of power sockets on the wall behind your sofa. after walk pass the bath room which is reasonable good size with a combine shower and standing shower, you will reach the working desk and bedroom area. The working desk is relatively small and i guess this room is designed for people who travel for heavy business meeting outside but not in the room. There is a balcony in the room too but i didn't attempt to go out to avoid insets might came in and keep me accompany.
I faced some internet problem took them 1.5 hours to solve it. There are number of IT personals try to help but in the end they send the manager when i demand for the fixed with the duty manager. As a compensation, they have given me the free internet access.
The front office manager came along to attend my complain and finally they solved the problem. I also express my concerns that i dont actually like the room and finally he offer me to move to a normal room which is much better. Extra large working desk and comfortable bedding. Separate shower and bath area in the bath room My window is over look a green open space.
Food is boring and not attractive at all. It is just the usual Le Meridien in Asia. In the cafe, younger staffs are very energetic and willing to offer their service but the older staffs, i believe is the manager or captain is kind of disappointing. Some Junior chef seem not to be very professional. At the buffet, there were a section for guest to pick up the raw meat and veg for them to stir fry for you. However in one incident, i saw the chef was using the same plate where i put my raw meat to serve me with the cooked food. However they are very pleasant and i didnt raise the complain but definitely there are room to be improved and further training is required.
It is a first 5* hotel in town, may be they need sometimes to adjust to the standard but i will say is a good hotel and you just need to adjust that you are in a small town of India.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank VolVic71
Dear Sir

Thank you for your feedback!

I am sorry that we were unable to give you a perfect stay this time. We will definitely investigate with our IT support and ensure we review our service process thoroughly. We also understand that you did not prefer junior suite and we will keep this as your preference. With regard to Food and Beverage we are innovating new ideas and concepts and will ensure that your next stay with us will provide you an enriching experience. We are now continuously reviewing training standards and ensuring that our guests get to experience highest upper upscale class of luxury.

We hope to see you back with us soon and we thank you again for taking the time to help us improve!!!

Regards
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel has one of the most inefficient hotel staff I have ever seen. During the four days I stayed here I have had to ask everyday for my room to be serviced. The housekeeping would turn up though everyday to check if anything in the bar had been consumed- that did not need calling.
The restaurants are a joke. The staff is totally uninterested, and treats the guests in the restaurants as a burden. You have to repeatedly ask them to lay a table for you, serve you, and finally get your bill. This was not a one- off experience. Getting a decent meal is a big trouble even in the buffet, and leaves you with a 'bad taste.'
The room service is really bad- ' do you really want something? Let me check if we have anything.' I really hoped this was a bad joke.
The paid Internet crawls.
Call to the general manager- Mr Sanjay Gupta, did not change anything.
The hotel is a bad dream from the top staff to the waiters. Give it a miss.
Dr Vikram Bhatia

• Stayed November 2011
10 Thank DrVikram
Sanjay G, General Manager at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Dr. Bhatia

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. We are in process of training our associates and I ensure you that the services and standards will be first priority.
Taking queue from your feedback and I am hopeful our services will improve from here on.
I only hope that you will take this incident as one the cases and continue patronizing us
Please accept our apologies once again

Porvorim, India
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Le Méridien Coimbatore is a new hotel, the first 5 star hotel in Coimbatore, as far as I know. In the Le Meridien style, they have imposing architecture and opulent interiors. We experienced their service much before we reached the hotel - they had someone at the airport to meet us and escort us to the car. Check in was very quick and efficient, and the rooms were large and well-equipped. I am particularly happy when rooms have a connection panel to attach my equipment to the TV, and this hotel had a very convenient one.
We ate in the all-day dining and in the Indian restaurant, and both were better than I expected to find in Coimbatore. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ramsundaram
Dear Sir/Ma'am

Thank you very much for your comments and we are very glad that you felt very welcome at the hotel and I can assure you the team are very motivated when we receive such glowing feedback! We do hope that you will be returning to Coimbatore soon and to Le Meridien Coimbatore!

Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We booked up with 2 rooms at le meridian and the service of the lady staffs at lobby is excellent a warm welcome etc.The rates were also comfortable and its a good hotel to see up with an excellent architecture and interiors too.Over all the hotel is much quite and wonderful.

Room Tip: Nice hotel to stay with
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank arun1983
Dear Sir

Thank you for your very welcome and positive comments on the hotel. We really appreciate those guests who take the time to give us genuine feedback, as we firmly believe that we are only as good as our last guest experience! Looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Coimbatore for you to explore new perspectives and chic discovery