Got booked into this hotel three times through my company service desk (I am a manager at one of the leading FMCG companies in India). Though the property is good, it is the staff that makes staying here a painful experience.
Firstly about the hotel:
- Spacious rooms
- Comfortably furnished
- Very few eating joints in the vicinity
- A restaurant that serves minimum items for breakfast and lunch and remains closed post lunch. Bottomline: No dinner here!
- Room service
- Just two people in the staff understand rudimentary English/ Hindi. None of the house-keeping folks understand English/ Hindi! Be prepared to learn Tamil if you are staying for long!
- No hot bathing water for a couple of days
- Cost cutting measures like not turning on the generator during power cuts. Excuses like "There is no diesel" for 4-5 instances
- Rude management that won't hear complains and acts as if this is the only hotel in town
- Unreliable laundry service - can take 2-3 days (Excuse: Laundry guy has taken a day off). I would suggest against laundry here if on a short 1-2 days trip
- Staff that leaves your clothes on the ground (yes!) after cleaning the room!
Overall, the stay was not at all worth the money spent. I would recommend you to check out other hotels that offer better service at a lower price in a better location.
PS: A premier hotel booking intermediary service is considering blacklisting this hotel in their service. Just an FYI for future travellers.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Mesabel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mesabel Hotel Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu