Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$26
Agoda.com$26
FindHotel$50
Trip.com
Etrip
All reviews nice view of the lake hot shower beautiful city nice stay wi fi very nice hotel rooftop palace backpackers temple rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2022 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms and good breakfast. Could choose everything I wanted.

The stuff is very friendly and nothing is to much. They were really happy to see me after a long time no tourists.

The distance from the hotel to the town, palace, temple etc is very close. You can do everything by walk!

Great view on top of the building, you can see the beautiful city from here.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 25 March 2022

This hotel is worth only if you get it in 1000 to 1200 rupees per night, not a penny more than that. Read my detailed review if you wanna know in detail.
A hotel is not just a building to stay and food to eat, its all about hospitality, service & experience. This hotel has decent property with decent medium rooms at a good location. But believe me this hotel has zero sense of hospitality & service. And feels like a Dharamshala.They can be demanding Rs upto 5k on travel sites, don’t be fool by that. I became a fool as I booked it in 3500 per night for 3 night stay. Before booking I had a word with owner Mr Gajendra who assured me that it will be worthy stay and I will feel the difference. And after stay I felt like I was made fooled, didn’t got experience for high charges I paid for. Why? read below.
I stayed with my family in this Gaj Vilas hotel during Christmas holidays during year end 2021. That was Christmas celebration period. All nearby hotels were almost full except this hotel. (You will know the reason after reading full). All nearby hotels were decorated, celebrating and organising special programs but at that time of year this hotel was having no decoration no celebration, a sunsaan like it is in grief (shok) of anything. Can you believe I celebrated party and awesome candle light dinner in nearby Harigarh. But this hotel was sleeping. Then I came to know hotel owner only believe in charging high and not spending a penny for good customer experience. No etiquette in working staffs, no uniform, no hotel branding anywhere and no feel of hotel. Its a Dharamshala basically. Very average food. Even you cannot expect hot tea in morning as they even don’t have thermo-flask. See in pic in my google reviews. No procedure are being followed. Staff don’t know how to behave when guest enters how to talk on intercom, no dusting cleaning timings etc etc. And mind it that hotel shuts off in night. They do not pick phone intercom after 11pm and before 7am, even main gates are locked - saving cost of guard you know. Only the location is good.
So summary is that, stay in this hotel if you have no other option and don’t go by there rack rates, don’t pay more than 1k to 1200 max. That’s the actual worth of it. To hotel owner - you will not go long way if do not deliver a good experience.

Room tip: Book only in Rs 1000 to 1200 thats actual worth.
Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank aarjey
Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

I was there two months. This place is very interesting next Lake Pichola, City Palace, shops.. with very beautiful view from restaurant, rooftop. Himmat, Lachu are very good at everything you need, always available to bring you the best service. I recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a top floor room overlooking the lake. The scenery of the town is great and we had the best view of the lights at night from our bay window. Rooftop restaurant/bar was fantastic; the tandoori chicken especially... if you can take the heat! Other amenities were good: hot showers etc. And generally staff were pleasant.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in a very nice spot away from the main streets with a close walk to the main sites like Jagdish Temple and City Palace. The hotel has great service and excellent facilities such as hot water and internet with a rooftop restaurant for breakfast and dinner.

Date of stay: February 2020