This was not my first choice of hotel in Udaipur. Unfortunately Jagat Niwas Palace or Jaiwana Haveli which is across the street has no availability as we were over there over a weekend.
On arriving to the hotel, the overnight front desk wanted to hold onto our passports but said we won't be able to check in until 10 as we arrived there early. It is uncomfortable to be asked for your passport for it just to be lying around until the next front desk manager came in.
We waited in the restaurant area which over looked the lake which was nice but we did not eat there during our stay.
The room did offer a partial view of the lake which was nice to see and the location of the hotel is in a good place and the price is average.
Our room was not cleaned by staff during our stay.
We had concerns when it came to check out as we were leaving for a flight early next morning and wanted to pay for our stay as they did not charge on check in. The hotel manager (who is typically on his phone most of the time) stated that the card machine is not working and we should pay cash. I had said to him to use the internet for the line in the shop next door which he said he couldn't but when we went back downstairs again to resolve the payment then suddenly he suggested that he can use the line from next door and thought the whole situation was funny which was unprofessional even by Indian standards.
I would not recommend staying here unless you had no choice and want to stay in a Haveli. I would suggest for a little more to stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Guests,Mewar haveli "A Traditional Hotel" welcomes you to Udaipur. Our endeavor is to make your stay a pleasant one. Mewar Haveli is a 12 Room family-run small hotel.The hotel is 4 storied and has a Roof-top Restaurant on the top floor. It is accessible by Elivator (lift) and by stair.All rooms in the hotel are aircondition rooms and offer basic amenities.The hotel is not selling the rooms as a lake view or lake faceing.The hotel have more less all rooms have a standerd size (110 sq.Ft).Our suggestion higher floor rooms need to reserve 2 to 3 months in advance Please be informed that we do not entertain complaints regarding view from the rooms as we do not make any such claims or promises. All rooms are equipped with Air-conditioners, LCD's and attached bathrooms with 24 hours hot water.The hotel is in easy walking distance to all popular monuments,the Pichola lake,bazaars,gardens and restaurants. It's situated in a very popular locality called 'Lalghat' on eastern shore of the Pichola lake.The hotel does not have Parking. A government run safe Parking is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel near city palace and jagdish temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, TravelGuru, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Mewar Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mewar Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Mewar Haveli Hotel Udaipur