My partner and I stayed here for only one night, and would have stayed longer if we had had the time (and money...) Though it is a little bit more expensive than other hotels around with same facilities, it was still a very nice and comfortable hotel. From the begining, reservation system via mail was perfect, everything accurate and organized.
We arrived early in the morning, pick up at the station was extra useful, and since it was early to check in we were invited to the rooftop restaurant for breakfast. What a magnificent view of Lake Pichola! We immediately fell in love with the place! After a long day in Udaipur we came back to our room... very nice and clean, I may say a little small, but had everything we needed: towels, toilet paper, air con, fan, TV, hot water. Had a great night sleep! Dinner again on the terrace was magnifique: food was good, nothing to write home about though, but spectacular scenery in front of us. Very friendly and helpful staff, specially recepcionist.
BUT... there is a tourist agency next door, which belongs to the same owner... and that we think is a rip off! We hired a taxi to go to Jodhpur. And you could tell all they wanted was the money: before arranging time of departure, places to visit, type of car, we were asked to pay...
Anyway, the trip was perfect: We had the friendliest driver, he was chatty and happy and cheerful, it was a wonderful 8.hour.trip.
But we then found out, asking other people and agencies and hotels, that we had been ripped off with the price. We were charged at least 2 times more the regular price...
We were even asked to pay for toll and parking fees in advance, to find out it was less than half the price what we had to pay (of course we complained about this by phone and got the money reimbursed after long discussion.....)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Guests,Mewar haveli "A Traditional Hotel" welcomes you to Udaipur. Our endeavor is to make your stay a pleasant one. Mewar Haveli is a 12 Room family-run small hotel.The hotel is 4 storied and has a Roof-top Restaurant on the top floor. It is accessible by Elivator (lift) and by stair.All rooms in the hotel are aircondition rooms and offer basic amenities.The hotel is not selling the rooms as a lake view or lake faceing.The hotel have more less all rooms have a standerd size (110 sq.Ft).Our suggestion higher floor rooms need to reserve 2 to 3 months in advance Please be informed that we do not entertain complaints regarding view from the rooms as we do not make any such claims or promises. All rooms are equipped with Air-conditioners, LCD's and attached bathrooms with 24 hours hot water.The hotel is in easy walking distance to all popular monuments,the Pichola lake,bazaars,gardens and restaurants. It's situated in a very popular locality called 'Lalghat' on eastern shore of the Pichola lake.The hotel does not have Parking. A government run safe Parking is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel near city palace and jagdish temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Mewar Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mewar Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Mewar Haveli Hotel Udaipur