I must say I was rather wary of staying in a hotel which although was higly praised on TA, said they did not have a dedicated parking for my car. However, after a crazy negotiation of the gullis of udaipur old town, I was there, just below a dated but well refurbished building. If you are the luxury traveller looking for resplendant properties with lavish rooms and swimming pools, this isnt the place for you. But if you are looking for a budget hotel, which is clean, dont mind the cramped space and like to spend your time gazing over a heritage building, the lake and the aravali hills beyond, this is the place. The food is nice, its quite continental actually, but the location of the restaurant is simply awsome. Our room was the best that the hotel could offer, corner room on the top floor, open on both sides, over looking the lake Pichola, brilliant sunset view. Rooms are small and basic, nothing extravagant but then who wants to stay in a room when we had all but one and a half day to explore the Lake City.
All in all, very decent and absolutly recommended. The staff is decent enough and yes they cleaned my car for a small tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dear Guests,Mewar haveli "A Traditional Hotel" welcomes you to Udaipur. Our endeavor is to make your stay a pleasant one. Mewar Haveli is a 12 Room family-run small hotel.The hotel is 4 storied and has a Roof-top Restaurant on the top floor. It is accessible by Elivator (lift) and by stair.All rooms in the hotel are aircondition rooms and offer basic amenities.The hotel is not selling the rooms as a lake view or lake faceing.The hotel have more less all rooms have a standerd size (110 sq.Ft).Our suggestion higher floor rooms need to reserve 2 to 3 months in advance Please be informed that we do not entertain complaints regarding view from the rooms as we do not make any such claims or promises. All rooms are equipped with Air-conditioners, LCD's and attached bathrooms with 24 hours hot water.The hotel is in easy walking distance to all popular monuments,the Pichola lake,bazaars,gardens and restaurants. It's situated in a very popular locality called 'Lalghat' on eastern shore of the Pichola lake.The hotel does not have Parking. A government run safe Parking is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel near city palace and jagdish temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Mewar Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mewar Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Mewar Haveli Hotel Udaipur