“IF IN UDAIPUR DON'T MISS THIS HOTEL”

Hotel Mahendra Prakash
Ranked #13 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this Hotel in March 2017 and absolutely enjoyed my stay. My Room overlooked the Pool (which was too cold to swim in) and the Garden. The Staff were so friendly, and looked after me beautifully, taking delivery of my parcels, etc., and making sure all my purchases arrived and were delivered to my room. Just fantastic service.
I enjoyed sitting in the garden and quietly reading my book and EMails, and popping into the Restaurant for a snack. The, ever so helpful and friendly man on the Front Deck got me a good deal on a taxi to take me to the "Exotic Marigold Hotel".
I will definitely be going back in 2019 for my next visit to India. Well worth a visit.

Sorry it took me so long to review, as I thought I had previously done it.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the garden/pool.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank SANBOB
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for one night at the hotel. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The room was very clean and neat.
The hotel has a nice inner garden and pool where you can relax and hang out
Amazing stay
We will come back again

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Osnat H
Reviewed 12 October 2017

After much deliberation, we chose this little family-run hotel because of its positive reviews and remarks about cleanliness and we not disappointed. Although situated away from the lake, it is within easy walking distance which meant that we could take or leave the hustle and bustle of the lake area at will. The owners clearly take pride in their property which offers peace and quiet and a very caring service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and management and the home-from-home environment provided us with a totally relaxed 5 nights which we so badly needed. We stayed in one of the garden rooms which was comfortable, very clean and had everything we needed including pretty good (free) wifi. We had almost daily Ayurvedic massages and enjoyed the home-style food (especially their lovely spinach and potato dish). All in all a very good decision which we will remember fondly. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

It is very difficult to find all things right in a hotel but these guys managed to pull it off. The location is the best you can find; walkable distance to the old city, pichola lake and fort palace. The hotel ambience is to be experienced; old haveli types with all modern amenities. And the room was very well laid out with old world charm. The breakfast was also balanced. ANd the manager Mr.Kailash was a friendly person who gave us ample tips for local sightseeing. Very much recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Staff were kind and it is a beautiful proper haveli with a small pool. Restaurant food was delicious.

The rooms and bathroom need modernisation as the AC was loud enough to keep us awake and bathroom is rundown. Our room was not as nice and spacious as pictired but not horrible.

When we communicated the issue with AC noise, they had a proper look (the noise subsided a little the following night, although they admitted that not much can be done) and didn't charge us for the laundry.

This was a kind gesture and a pleasant surprise to us, that they actually try to resolve issues and be transparent. This was not the attitude we experienced in other Indian hotels and restaurants, unfortunately.

I wish the Mahendra well and hope it invests a little in facelift of the beautiful premise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple