Why would you stay anywhere else in Udaipur? It's perfect: location, room comfort, rooftop restaurant with unforgettable views... etc.
The staff were very friendly on arrival and any time we interacted with them. Nothing was too much trouble.
We requested a lake-view room, and the first one we were shown was very dark with only a small window, so we weren't very impressed. When we asked to be shown another room we had to wait for the manager to arrive before they could tell us what was available, and it was a long wait. However, when he finally came there was no problem: he showed us the room next door, which had three large windows overlooking the lake and was absolutely beautiful so in the end we were very happy with the accommodation.
The bathroom was reasonably clean and although not large was quite OK. The bed was very comfortable and the room overlooked the washing ghats, so there was always plenty to see from our window.
As in most Indian hotels we stayed, breakfast was included, and this was quite good, with a reasonable choice of western and Indian food on offer. Meals on the rooftop, especially breakfast, were memorable with the million dollar view.
The management and staff were eager to please and very helpful at all times, and we couldn't think of a nicer place to stay in Udaipur. We stayed for three nights and were very happy with this hotel. Although a bit more expensive than some places we stayed, this is an expensive city and we thought it excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in 180 years old haveli renovated in 1993 by Kankarwa family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra so you can book your Kankarwa Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kankarwa Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Kankarwa Haveli Hotel Udaipur