We stayed here for two nights, it was pricey, but for a couple in the middle of a hectic three week tour of India, it was a nice break and relaxing place.
We paid extra for a suite with a private balcony overlooking the lake, gorgeous room with traditional decorations, bathroom was huge and clean, everything was working and still could get a wifi signal inside which was a plus (they only said lobby). But for the price being paid I would expect them to shell out the extra money for a few more boxes to make wifi hotel-wide.
Only thing that lowers it one on the rating is the staff at the restaurant was not the best, food was slow and not on par compared to the rest of what the hotel offers. Breakfast was included-but it's only one, which is great if you are alone, frustrating if a couple. For what I paid it wouldn't be that much more cost to provide two. Great view of the lake and city though.
I would stay again, just go out to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in 180 years old haveli renovated in 1993 by Kankarwa family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra so you can book your Kankarwa Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kankarwa Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Kankarwa Haveli Hotel Udaipur