I had read a lot of excellent reviews of this hotel in guidebooks and was very disappointed with our two night stay. Even the fabulous view from the terrace couldn't compensate for bad service, lack of management and general feeling of neglect.
My room had been recently repainted (but bathroom not quite finished, tap dripped all night), but was cold and lacking in charm. Spartan decoration, bed linen etc. Service was really bad at breakfast tho did improve the next day when I complained. Lack of adequate lighting on the steep stairs makes it quite dangerous at night. Management seemed curiously absent and quite unconcerned when I pointed out that petty cutbacks (no bottle of water in room, no individual bars of soap, etc) gave a negative impression. I would not recommend nor go back to this place. Jagat Niwas next door looked much more inviting...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in 180 years old haveli renovated in 1993 by Kankarwa family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Kankarwa Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kankarwa Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Kankarwa Haveli Hotel Udaipur