The location of the Kankarwa Haveli is just perfect: on the water front, at the end of a side-street with many shops. This means that from the hotel you can enjoy a magnificient view on Lake Pichola and on the city, that you do not have the noise and chaos of traffic and are right in the middle of the shops the moment you walk out of the front door. Also the City Palace is at just a couple of minutes walking distance.
The manager and his wife (at least I presume that the lady in charge of the kitchen is the manager's wife) are extremely charming and speak excellent English.
Also the rest of the staff is very nice and helpful.
The rooms are rather spartan, but clean and quite spacious and have a nice personal touch.
The roof top terrace is a wonderful place to start your day with breakfast and end it watching the sun set over the lake and surrounding hills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in 180 years old haveli renovated in 1993 by Kankarwa family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra, TripOnline SA and TravelGuru so you can book your Kankarwa Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kankarwa Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Kankarwa Haveli Hotel Udaipur