We spent 3 days around New Year 2012 here and are much less anthusiastic than other posters. Yes it is nicely situated at the lakeside although in a ground floor room you are thus very near the filth floating on top of the water. The rooms are tiny although nicely decorated but then again the cupboard seemd to be authentically medieval with a few wire hangers only. The bathroom was a white-tiled cubicle, with little space to deposit things and no partition to the shower which accoringly floods the room. But there was always hot water. This was the only hotel of our tour not providing bottled water or kleenex on its own initiative but they gave us two bottles of water when we asked (although not bringing in any new ones the following days). There was just soap and toilet paper. When we asked for a heater for the room (which the boss on check-in said he would provide if the need be) the staff said they will ask the boss but no heater materialised.
The common areas are basically nice but in winter it gets very cold after sunset and since all the areas are open they were uncomfortable after 6 pm (as also was our room, we slept in our pullovers). The whole haveli (including the roof-top restaurant) is only dimly lit, but not in a romantic way (NOT like on the website photos). The restaurant is strictly vegetarian.
The nice thing was to sit on the rooftop terrace during daytime and enjoy the view over the lake. Good food provided the rooftop restaurant next door (advertising "espresso", although the espresso was "finished" when we were there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A heritage hotel in 180 years old haveli renovated in 1993 by Kankarwa family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Kankarwa Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kankarwa Haveli Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Kankarwa Haveli Hotel Udaipur