All reviews rooftop restaurant lake pichola city palace old city narrow streets hotel is located approach road ground floor night view tuk tuk excellent view jagdish temple boat ride delicious food balcony ambience india
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the lovely lake front property for two nights. The lake view room is fantastic , perfect for anybody looking to relax and have a peaceful stay. The staff and specially Mr. Yudishtar Singh were very courteous and friendly. Overall the property and the staff are great; they make sure you have a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Below is my honest review from a couple who travels frequently
1. Room shown on photo is not the exact one you would receive. I got 2 options a dark room with tiny balcony and another with no balcony.
2. They give you bad rooms and offer you slightly better ones for a much higher charge ( without bill cash only ) this way I was forced to upgrade and they made money
3. I had added pathetic bathroom pics on google , unfortunately no option to add here. Black / brown unwashed marks all around which was disgusting and make it very difficult to use the bathroom, upon showing the pics they only clicked a pic and didn’t even apologise for the poor cleanliness.
4. Balconies are filled with dust and pigeon left overs which is never clean, view from lake view room is good tho.
5. People are allowed to smoke anywhere, be it the courtyard or the lake view table where customers frequently stand to take pics/ go for boating
6.plug points for my Apple phone chargers never worked unless you tilt the adapter to the socket , same for all sockets . Hotel had identified this and provided 1 adaptor for each room, hence I had take turns to charge.
7. Roof restaurant has a really great view , food was a bit oily and was not bad but the ambience really did it. Big plus here
8. We booked double bed but was provided 2 single beds joined together hence had an issue with my back as I slept on the partition
9. Imagine using a black fungal Commode , jet spray in your toilet, had shared pics with hotel. Including grey towels. Hotel needs to upgrade
10. You cannot reach the hotel in car. U have to get down a few kms away and take a Rick/ tuk tuk to reach there.
In my 10 years of travelling with around 100+ hotels this is by far the worst place I have been and would recommend places like ameth haveli or spend a bit more on trident for Udaipur

Room tip: kindly avoid this hotel, dirty bathrooms, hyped up !
1  Thank Surajprasad123
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second time in Udaipur & our first stay at the Lake Pichola Hotel. Its safe to say we will be staying again whenever we next venture to the city of lakes. Our suite stay offorded us two private viewing balconies, each with a 180 degree view of the stunning lake Pichola.

There was a wide variety of breakfast items to choose from & the dishes were changed each morning. I would highly recomment taking your plate outside to eat on the ground floor balcony alongside the lake for maximum serenity!

Restaurnant Upré not only offers stunning day/night time views but also one of the better dining experiences in the city.

My recipee for a memorable stay = Enjoy a long hot shower, wrap up in one of the hotel supplied robes for extra comfort & spend half the day in your balcony, soaking up the view of the lake while you recharge your batteries!

Thankyou Mr Yudhistir Singh for the best hotel stay in my 2 years of living in India!

Regards,
Aaron D.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a excellent stay with the hotel food and service was excellent... Love the stay after the long hectic trip the service and food made me relaxed Mr.shivam was very kind and gentle and looked after us very nicely happy to stay with them.These two days with them was nice...kudos to Mr.Shivam and team excellent people's.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In the attempt to take a break from the chaotic year 2020, we chose to stay at the idyllic Lake Pichola hotel in Udaipur!

Being right on the famous Pichola lake, it can truly satisfy your desire to get the true essence of Udaipur - the city of lakes, with the most gorgeous backdrop of its skyline!

Indulge in a feast with an unobstructed view at their spectacular rooftop restaurant - upré, witness the true rajputana hospitality or simply enjoy the live folk music, the restaurant offers a zillion reasons to visit, and revisit! Even though this was our 6th visit to the restaurant, each visit adds to the countless memories the place has to offer. This time it gave us a new friend - Yudhister Singh, who looks after the hotel the restaurant, and the guests and makes sure you leave with unheard stories of the Rajasthani heritage!

With its peaceful ambience and charming, spoiling touches, you’ll definitely want to revisit! I surely will.

Trip type: Travelled with family