“Good location and beautiful hotel”
Review of Lake Pichola Hotel

Lake Pichola Hotel
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights,Visited with my family and friends, the.location , interiors and rooms are grewt, especially the lakenview rooms.The food for breakfast needs lot of improvement and needs a bit more variety. The staff is good but still needs to be sensitive to the customer especially the reception desk, for eg i had to leave at 5 and they said we dont have bell boys for getting the luggage down.. I think there is room for improvement

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I rate this hotel with one star as I have been having a very frustrating experience. I booked this hotel direct and paid in full as requested to reserve out room. I usually use Agoda but they seemed to have used up their allocation of the rooms we wanted to book. Sadly owing to a change in plan I had to cancel in accordance with their booking terms which offers free refund on cancellations and full refund up to 21 days before arrival. As this was all 6 months ahead of our arrival I did not imagine there would be any problem. This was 4 months ago and despite many many (like 20 emails and 4 phone calls) and understanding the banking system in India may be a little slow.. I am still waiting for my refund and feel they have no intention of honouring the terms of the booking. I have been told about 10 times now I will receive the refund in 5 days, 10 days, next week,... I have travelled to India 3 times and have never encountered such a problem and whilst I have been very patient I am now just extremely dissatisfied and feel a hotel with this level of service is verging on dishonesty and should be treated with the utmost caution. Should I receive my refund as promised I will update this post to reassure you. PS I did not travel in July this was when I made the booking!

Room Tip: We chose the suites with lake view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank PerthSurfdog1
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We are here second time. Hotel located at lake pichola and very calm atmosphere with nature beauty. Rooms,gallery,balcony are good. Hotel restaurants staff are not so good. All items shows on menu card are not available. Swimming pool is so small like a tub. Most likely things is location is the best of all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank rajdipsinh
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I wish I could write more in praise of the hotel. But I can't. The location is brilliant, and the rooftop terrace restaurant offers unmatched views of the Lake, and the city beyond. One can spend an entire evening just hanging here, watching the waters and the palace on the other side, and not get bored. Even the rooms that face the lake have fantastic views.

The food is also good - they take extra care to make authentic food if one asks for it.

But these do not cover for the facts that the hotel badly needs maintenance - a coat of paint in the rooms with peeling plaster will be good. The corners of the room (207) look like they have not been cleaned for a century, caked with dirt as they are. And service is mixed and indifferent - slow to respond, clueless when they do (be prepared to repeat instructions many times, for a glass of water at the breakfast restaurant or for a clean bedsheet in the room). The only time the staff (the porters in particularly) show any interest in you is when you check-in, in the hope of tips - seven of them showed up at our door to carry three bags and then just hung around.

The hotel can be great, but fails due to lack of interest and some degree of complacency.

Room Tip: Stay in Deluxe rooms on the second floor that offer a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank anirban72
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The only reason that we chose LPH was its location, right by Pichola lake. We forked out a bit more to have our room look over the lake, it was the right decision. We stayed there for 5 nights and our stay was a delight. Like all the old built, it might need a freshing up and it can be noisy, but on the up side, it's has its old charm and character which modern hotel lacked, all the staff members are so friendly and helpful, single out Mr security guard man(I should know his name) I dropped my wallet on my way out and was panicked when I realised I have lost my cards and money, it turned out this honest man kept it for me (as I dropped it at the front of the hotel) 'lucky man' said, indeed. At the end of our stay, the hotel surprised us by gave us a massive cake, for some unknown reason. By the way, have I mentioned a pool of the rooftop look over the old town?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple