All reviews rooftop restaurant lake pichola city palace small balcony heritage hotel narrow lanes standard room old city first floor hotel is located approach road fantastic location enjoy the view the ground floor bagore ki haveli beautiful view hot water
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The only reason that we chose LPH was its location, right by Pichola lake. We forked out a bit more to have our room look over the lake, it was the right decision. We stayed there for 5 nights and our stay was a delight. Like all the old built, it might need a freshing up and it can be noisy, but on the up side, it's has its old charm and character which modern hotel lacked, all the staff members are so friendly and helpful, single out Mr security guard man(I should know his name) I dropped my wallet on my way out and was panicked when I realised I have lost my cards and money, it turned out this honest man kept it for me (as I dropped it at the front of the hotel) 'lucky man' said, indeed. At the end of our stay, the hotel surprised us by gave us a massive cake, for some unknown reason. By the way, have I mentioned a pool of the rooftop look over the old town?

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teerabul
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We were on an organized tour and added Udaipur as an independent side trip for 4 days (2 women).
I searched Trip Advisor prior to booking and can't believe how disappointed I was upon arrival. I'd booked a twin deluxe lake view room.
The room was tiny and very tired looking, everything is just that bit dirty - around the light switches and the bathroom grout/plug hole, toilet seat loose and too small for the toilet, the old dirty phone, chipped paintwork on walls and furniture and a miss match of furniture which just didn't work in the space.
The safe just sits in the cupboard (and could easily be removed) and there is no bar fridge to keep water or drinks cool.
Our room had a small balcony which was lovely to sit on, with roll up bamboo type shutters (which were very faded, dusty and broken strings). As the balcony was separated from the room by windows and a door it felt especially cramped.
We moved rooms to where the balcony was part of the room - offering an internal daybed area which was better especially for mozzies/bugs, and the bathroom had a walk in shower compared to the earlier room with it over the bath.
It lacks attention to detail - little things like chipped paintwork, broken furniture, broken light fittings, patchy paintwork and at one point a very nasty sewerage smell.

This is the only hotel during our entire trip who only supplied one bottle of water per day - the other hotels gave us an abundance of water without question. We also needed to ask for toilet paper which was left for us to re-load into the holder (sounds petty but it's a hotel not Airbnb).
We weren't told about needing to leave the key for housekeeping - they don't attend if you don't. And there was a clear expectation that the room porters wanted a tip (we had 3 come to our room upon arrival for 2 bags - 1 bag each and 1 to unlock the door) we didn't have small change and the hovered around awkwardly before leaving empty handed.

The rooftop deck/bar/restaurant offers fantastic views especially at sunset - it could be rather hot during the day as it is in full sunlight with no shade. The day beds have some curtains but upon inspection they are mouldy - the pool looks great in photos but is in fact a rubber sided elevated pool (quite faded and patched in several places) they have built around the pool giving it a built in look but it's elevated and you use an old plastic ladder that isn't secured to get into the pool - the surround has been painted black and is peeling/looks shocking. We were given white (grayish) bathroom towels to use at the pool, other guests were given blue/white striped ones.
Honestly this hotel could absolutely be one of the best in Udaipur if management lifted their game - and attention to detail. The staff although pleasant are slow and you constantly have to ask for things - if they actually asked if we wanted a drink whilst in the pool we would have had several, we literally had to yell for attention (I was wet and in bathers so didn't want to walk into the bar/restaurant like that) they don't bring ice for drinks (I've never before been serviced a gin & tonic with the gin alone in the glass and a can of tonic on the side) the pool cabana's had no covers on the mattresses the day we went

I would class this as a 2-3 star hotel and if it wasn't for its location on Lake Pichola with fabulous views I think I would have left the hotel after the 1st night. By the 3rd day I had settled down and just accepted the hotel for what it was, it was pleasant but could be sooooooo much more - I feel it's a lost opportunity to be a great boutique hotel.

3  Thank kidsb4me
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Its always been a pleasure to this hotel,especially to stay in lakeside room.Morning rays of sun reflect inside room,amazing to have early morning tea sitting on window side.
Room is big enough with arrangement of sitting (can be used for sleeping too)alongside of windows

The best part is to have dinner on their terrace .what an ambience,light music,candles and city palace lights on lake.Remember to book in advance even if you are staying in the hotel.This is wonderful experience so book table even if yot are staying out.Spa is also available

Best place for a leisure trip
They can add variety though in buffet breakfast,quality is good

Approch to hotel is narrow,but you can hire cab through hotel,which comes on the gate and is reasonable

One of the very good places to stay and have lakeside view and great ambience for dinner on terrace

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

It's a good location hotel with enough space to cherish lake pichola

A nice roof top restaurant is an jewel in the crown

Some improvements scope are :
- Food quality can be improved
- hygiene which makes the difference between a good and best hotel is missing
- if the hotel checks some basic things it could turn out to be a very good place to cherish Udaipur

:) enjoy Udaipur ( city of lakes and peace )

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

A Very Typical Grand Old Style HaveLi(Sort of Palace) alongwith Lake Side That is Lake Pichola with City Palace and Ganghor Ghat Just Bang opposite with Icing on The Cake is their Restaurent Upre..
Excellent Staff--Different Different Class of Rooms are It's Main Strengh..so Many BoLLywooD Connection is also there with This Hotel and It has different Charm with different time
Morning
afternoon
Evening
Combo of Eve-Night
ReaLLy a Different Experience..

Date of stay: August 2017