“Good location”
Review of Lake Pichola Hotel

Lake Pichola Hotel
Ranked #19 of 165 Hotels in Udaipur
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We spent 3 nights here whilst staying in Udaipur. Last year I stayed at the Jagat Niwas hotel across the lake, which was slightly disappointing, so I was looking for something slightly better.
The location of this hotel was good. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
We had a de luxe room overlooking the lake with a small balcony. The room was attractive, but I was really disappointed as the whole room was so grimy. I have stayed in much cheaper hotels and hostels in my travels, but like a certain level of cleanliness, which I have usually found. Our room needed a good scrub and deep clean. The curtains were brown where countless hands had pulled them open or closed. The folder containing information on the hotel's facilities was black with grime, the floor was sticky...
I don't normally write bad reviews so I will not say more.
The rooftop restaurant was delightful and very popular. The food was really good and we had a lovely experience eating there.
This was the one hotel in our trip that was disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

luxurious, but not too expensive. You have a great view on the lake from most of the rooms. Breakfast is great, the omelette man is an artist. The whole crew is attentive and always helpful. I will come back, for sure

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Rooftop dinner here.

Polite and helpful staff, quick service.
Good food, great view, live music which is subdued and not too intrusive.
A soothing drink with the palace lights glittering on the placid lake waters.

A great evening.
Book ahead please!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

4 star for the location & views from the rooftop restaurant & the balcony as we splashed out on a lakeside room.
On the not so good side the room was a bit tired, the pool was small & not easy to use & there was only a tiny balcony to rest / sunbathe.
The restaurant food was good & not that much more expensive considering the View.
You can walk to other restaurants or to the "Venice" type footbridge.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We stayed here for two nights in a family room which had two double beds. This room had no lake view, which was okay since you can just go up onto the roof and get an amazing view from up there.

The room was clean enough, and the bathroom was adequate. There was an excess of bulky, uncomfortable furniture in the room.

The rooftop restaurant is a bit more pricey than some hotels, but is worth it for the view and the good food.

My main gripe was with the staff. Our friend in India had booked the hotel for us and had pre-paid including an added charge for the extra guests (our two kids). The manager tried to charge us for the extra beds on our arrival, but luckily I had a copy of the email my friend had sent me, clearly stating what was included.

We arrived early, having taken the overnight train from Delhi, so we decided to have breakfast that morning and skip the next day's breakfast (which was included in the price). On checkout, this same manager then tried to charge us for an extra breakfast that we never ate!

I found it hard to relax here unless you are locked away in your room. The cleaning staff and bellboys are constantly hanging around and made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Also, we were solicited for a massage on our way up to the rooftop, which I found unacceptable.

Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family