We stayed in this hotel in Feb 2011. The hotel is right on the pichola lake! Any further inside and you would have to either stay at the super expensive Taj or Jag mandir.
Another pro of this hotel is the roof top restaurant, which has amazing view of the palace. The rooms are slightly above average, but the location more than makes up for it. Overall this is a value for money hotel.
There are a few cons as well which i have mentioned below..
pros: Location, roof top restaurant, value for money pricing
1. Roads leading to this hotel are narrow (super narrow if you are used to metros like Delhi and Mumbai). It was challenging to take wide sedan on these roads. It is challenging, not impossible as we did it during peak traffic hours as well. But please note, any good hotel with such amazing location will face the same problem. Unless you stay at the Udai villas or Taj or at the palace.
2. Limited parking
3. Roof top dinner takes ages to come, so get there early and enjoy a really long chilled out dinner. Not a place where you want to go if you are in a hurry..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Pichola Hotel is a beautiful hotel on the western banks of Pichola Lake. Most of the rooms have have balconies hanging on the lake overlooking the majestic palaces and the walled city of Udaipur. It has a stunning roof top wid 360 degrees view and an elegant restaurant called Upre. It has a palatial lobby with 8 Bohemian chandeliers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Lake Pichola Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Pichola Udaipur
- Hotel Lake Pichola
- Lake Pichola Hotel Udaipur, Rajasthan