Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sunset terrace lake pichola crystal gallery hrh group safety measures duty manager special thanks royal experience f b manager great hospitality an amazing experience front office boat ride fantastic stay must visit place excellent property an amazing view
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2021

The hotel is part of the City Palace complex. The hotel management was recently taken over by Taj,We were booked in Deluxe Suite, and used our eVoucher to upgrade to Grand Luxury Suite. The room opened into a semi-private verandah, which has breathtaking views of Lake Pichola, with the Taj Lake Palace right in front.

The building is a real palace, a heritage property, with very good art work. The staff is very warm, friendly and always accessible to help.

The restaurant/Kitchen is still run under the Chef from the old management, and the taste, quality and presentation of food is not the Taj Standard. To be fair, Taj only took over the property in Jan 2020, just 2 months before the lockdown, Perhaps dining experience has not been on top of their to-do list. But I hope they will work on it.

The view from the restaurant are breathtaking.

For the money they charge, and the Taj Service they deliver, I believe its the best value for money for a trip to Udaipur.

Room tip: Book a Room with Sit-out.
1  Thank TheGlobalIndian
Dilip Nair, General Manager at Taj Fateh Prakash Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest
I thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience and we were able to live up to your expectations.

Our team go above and beyond in enlivening the company’s culture everyday with our guests and I’m glad we could provide you a memorable experience which Taj is known for. We are humbled by your kind words of appreciation for our team.

Reviewed 17 January 2021

It was amazing experience with the team of Fateh Prakash specially Balu Singh ji, naval Singh, kishan dangi kalu Singh, Harpreet chef, Piyush chef, Parikshit,Gajsingh ji, Naresh, Sachin and ravi ji. Food and beverages was very tasty. I would recommend people to visit this place and enjoy superb food, service with beautiful view. Thank you Fateh Prakash team for giving us memorable time.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 17 January 2021

Thank you Taj Fateh Prakash Palace for celebrating my daughter's birthday. It was a great dinning experience at the Sun Set Terrace Restaurant. Delicious food
by chefs,excellent service by the restaurant team with warmth and politeness I could remember few names worth to mention here viz.Kishanji, Chef Harpreet ji and Piyushji Balusinghji, Kalu Ji, Hemant Sir and all team members at the restaurant.
Don't want to miss to mention on ambiance part. It's a great view with beautiful location on bank of the Lake pichhola giving a panoramic view of the lake with araveli hill ranges, the Taj Lake Palace and jagmandir islands.
A must visit place.
Thank you all.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

I went for a celebratory stay at the Taj Fateh Prakash Palace and it truly became a memorable trip for me. Taj is best known for its hospitality and it didn't dissapoint! From magnificent room views to prompt staff service, it was a delightful stay. Would recommend for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

All our Colleagues are very happy to read that they managed to exceed your expectation during your stay with us and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj Fateh Prakash Palace.

Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

My trip to Udaipur was a complete last minute plan, and it turned out to be one of the best trips I had so far. My stay was at Taj Fateh Prakash and trust me when I say that it was a very royal surprise. The location of the hotel and the service received at the property is in every way the best. The property provides a complete view of lake Pichola and breath taking view of the sunset. To top it the current king also stays at the same premise and the city palace is just few foot steps away.

A very cooperative and humble staff at the hotel made it out best trip ever so far.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.