December, 28th-31st 2010
Fateh Prakash Palace hotel
A dream palace yet within our budget. Excellent suite, well maintained... excellent furniture ornate yet comfortable. The hotel is situated within the City Palace complex, yet it is not in the way of the visiting tourists. We were welcomed with traditional Rajasthani hospitality- garland, tilak and cool drinks. The hotel lounge was tastefully done up , we spent some time there as our room was being readied.
We were accompanied to our room in a true royal style and welcomed there with yummy chocolates and fruits.
The room was awesome--- facing the Pichhola lake and over looking the Taj Palace hotel. Infact, so breathtaking was the view that we did not feel lke stirring out. The comfort in the rooms was also of the highest degree- large soft beds, comfortable settes, hot water in a large well equipped bathroom and of course breath taking view. The writing table also had personalised stationery, maps and tourist guide to the city.What more can one want?
The buffet breakfast served on an open air deck over looking the lake was enormous and delicious..... both Indian and western delicasies were on the menu. The dinner served a-la-carte was also very good.
The staff were the epitome of hospitality, warm and caring and very courteous!! They would come in twice- once to clean, and at night to ready the room for the night, They brought along their hallmark chocolates and kept fresh fruit in the room every morning ina ddition to the complimentary water.
All in all a very memorable holiday...one I wish to repeat some time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where once the Maharanas of Mewar held court, today you can hold forthLocated on the eastern shores of the picturesque Lake Pichola, the palace seems to have floated straight out of a fairytale.The history-soaked interiors, dotted with miniature paintings, portraits, royal artefacts and the armoury of the Mewar dynasty transport you to legendary times.The suites and rooms decorated with original paintings and period furniture from the toshakhanas or royal storerooms, cocoon you in velvety luxury as you soak in the ever-changing hues of the lake from large arched windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelGuru, Yatra, Fastbooking and Agoda so you can book your Fateh Prakash Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Udaipur