We spend 5 nights in the hotel and had the most wonderful experience! The hotel itself is extraordinary, with its magnificent buildings in a true palace style and the rooms are fitted for kings! We spent 3 nights in a room with a terrace directly at a magnificent pool, it was so peaceful and quiet, you could only hear the sound of all kind of different birds who come to drink from the water. The view on the City palace is breathtaking. Then we spent 2 nights in the Moghul Suite, superlatives aren't good enough to describe the room with its private pool.
Each and every member of the staff is absolutely competent and makes every effort with a smile to make your stay so very special. It was the best staff we ever had in a hotel and we have traveled around the world!
The dining experience is lovely, since you can sit outside on the gorgeous terrace and at night the buildings are lighted out, you get entertained by traditional Indian dancers and there's always musicians playing in the background. The kitchen staff creates wonderful dishes and always asks if you have any special requests. You can choose between fine French cuisine or traditional Indian food, which I can highly recommend. Also for the children there is lots to choose and they are treated like royalty!!!
Staying at this hotel, we felt like we were the most import people who ever stayed there, that's how the staff treats you, absolutely like royalty !!!
Our daughter who's 6 years old, felt like a little princess and she was very sad to go, since the staff treated her so friendly!
My husband celebrated his birthday while we were there and they made such efforts for us to make his day special !
We would like to thank the staff for a absolutely wonderful experience !!!!
Sander, Annabelle and Ysabel Lebon, Franschhoek, South-Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city fabled for its palaces, The Oberoi Udaivilas can take its place with pride. With views over Lake Pichola to the spectacular City Palace, the hotel itself resembles a grand palace. Landscaped gardens and shady courtyards, decorative fountains and reflection pools, cool marble, ornate carving, inlay work and detailed interiors create a marvellous ambience of days gone by. Huge bedchambers with large private terraces, luxury suites with private swimming pools, marble bathrooms, walk-in closets, butler service and 24-hour in-room dining make you feel like royalty. The restaurants serve international and Indian cuisine including regional favourites. A gymnasium, two large swimming pools and a luxury spa offering a range of therapies, add to the ambience of total pampering. The facilities are particularly suited to meetings that might benefit from this exotic location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TravelGuru, Yatra and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Oberoi Udaivilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Udaivilas Hotel Udaipur
- Oberoi Hotel Udaipur
- Oberoi Hotel Udaivilas
- Oberoi Udaipur
- Udaipur Oberoi
- The Oberoi Udaivilas Udaipur, Rajasthan