“Well trained horses & a surprising track”

Princess Trails Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Trails is an Indo-European family business, which aims to provide our guests with the best quality and most unique equestrian experience possible. We combine Indian hospitality with European standard of horse keeping. Our main concern and highest priority is the safety of horse and rider.Virendra & Ute organize horseback safaris, horse riding, riding lessons and related services. On our farm we have comfortable Swiss Tents for our guests wishing to stay overnight.Our Horseback Safaris usually go along off-the-beaten tracks through the hilly landscape of the Aravalli Mountains, the endless plains of Malwa or into the fringes of the Thar Desert and the Rajasthani Bagar. The riders can experience unspoiled nature and the unique culture of the hill tribes of Rajasthan. Our destinations are places of historical or cultural significance such as the medieval town of Chittor or the hill fort of Kumbhalgarh.Some of our Safaris are connecting major festivals in Rajasthan such as the Pushkar Camel Fair and are bound to certain dates. Many of our safaris are also going through a number of wildlife sanctuaries such as the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary or the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary so our riders can enjoy the spectacular Indian flora and fauna. We believe in the principle of natural horsemanship. That means we keep our horses as naturally as possible and care for them with love and affection. Our horses are properly fed, shoed and have fitting, comfortable high-class saddle tack. We do not make use of underfed and untrained village horses! In fact we take pride in the point that by now we own a stable of finest Marwari horses, some of them bred and trained by us.Most of our horses are Marwari horses, indigenous to this region, perfectly adapted to the geographic and climatic conditions of Rajasthan and very comfortable to ride. Their ears are distinctively curved inwards in a lyre-shape, which makes them unique and easily recognizable. Like many other ancient breeds some of them have a forth gait, the so-called Revaal, a type of rack, very relaxing for the rider.We have horses for both beginners and advanced riders and also provide riding lessons if necessary. All our horses are forward going, well trained and a pleasure to ride. Some are ridden bitless with a hackamore or just a halter.All our safaris are organized as close to nature as possible and are eco-friendly. We use local supplies and groceries and prevent unnecessary waste. Cooking and lighting is done with gas as not to cut done forest wood.Our safaris provide rural employment as we occupy local people as helpers, guides or artists. We strongly emphasize local culture and try to help preserve it in giving the people a sense of value and pride. Our main aim is to show the unique culture and ecology of Rajasthan to our guests and connect this with an unforgettable equestrian experience.
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The lady of the house, Ute, took care of transportation to the range. Based on each of our experience, she matched an appropriate horse making us feel very comfortable. The horses were very well trained, following both the guides' and my instructions. The 2hour track brought us to local villages and the hills with a suprising lake in the middle. Saying hi to camels, goats and deers on the way. Absolutely worthwile, even if you didn't ride a horse yet.

All reviews
"curry"
"indian culture"
"beautiful lake"

Reviewed 3 December 2017

From start to finish Ute's management of her horses, staff, and logistics of our 9 day trip, were fantastic. I haven't ridden regularly for a long time, so in preparation for the trip I took some trail rides this year. My daughter, age 14, rides regularly at home. Ute took us for a test ride and matched us to horses that we loved riding and that were very well suited to us. In advance of the trip Ute gave good advice when we needed it and we loved spending time with her and her family once we got to India.

The horses were extremely well-suited to the varied terrain, and are clearly well-looked after. It was an absolute joy to be riding marwaris, and an absolute privilege to be able to journey through the beautiful Indian countryside, hills and villages in this way. We were welcomed in the villages by kids running out to see us, women waving shyly from their courtyards and from behind their beautiful, colourful saris. People everywhere were friendly, waving at us as they worked in the fields or moved their goats along the roads. The camping was relatively luxurious (we had camp beds and duvets), well organised and just what was needed at the end of each day.

Food was great, with a tuck box of curry and chapatis for lunch, and the cultural entertainment that was provided on a couple of evenings was very enjoyable. Along the way we visited an incredible fort, large temple and a museum, all of which were great to see and experience. We finished our safari at the Pushkar camel fair, which was just fantastic.

One tip is to try to wear white or light coloured jodphurs and clothes as this is cooler in the heat than dark clothes. We also wore white riding gloves to keep the intense sun off the back of our hands without lashings of sunblock, and also shirts with long-sleeves (also protects from thorns and scrub) and collars for the same reason.

If you love riding, adventure and India then I can't recommend highly enough Princess Trails to you. This was our first horse-riding safari, and it has inspired me to hope that I may do other trips like this again. With luck, maybe another trip with Princess Trails in the future. Namaste, and a huge thank you Ute. We hope to return the hospitality before long! Pippa

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We booked a half day excursion for us 3 (2 experienced riders and 1 beginner -me-) They called us the day before to tell us that excursion was cancelled due to some issues. But as we were super looking forward to ride at their farm they were so nice that at least could manage a one and a half hour ride.

They picked us up from the hotel, they showed us their farm, they served us tee... we felt super comfortable and welcomed.

During the excursion my experienced friends had a super good time and I felt quite safe also as a beginner since I had a guy supervising my horse. Everything super well organised.

Highly recommended!!!
Thanks to Ute (the german woman) and her husband

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife did a full day horse ride and overnight camp at the farm. We were met at the farm in the morning by Ute, who runs the farm and horse riding with her husband (we didn't get to meet him unfortunately). She was so welcoming and we knew straight away that we would be looked after. Ute looked after us and gave us boots and a hat to wear and sorted us out with some great horses suited to what we wanted. I think we were out for around 6 hours riding in total and believe me, that was enough! I could barely move at the end of it! The horses are very responsive and we had several canters. We went down some really steep hills and up into the mountains. The views were amazing!
We arrived back at the farm in the afternoon and had a nice shower and chilled out for the evening. We were well looked after with drinks and a lovely 3 course meal around the fire with Ute, her son and a friend of theirs. We had a great time, a great chat with them all and lots of laughs. The canvas tent we stayed in was very comfortable, nice beds and warm covers and we got hot water bottles too. We had a lovely breakfast in the morning too and well looked after again.
When I booked I thought this was quite expensive but when looking back, for everything they did for us, it was really a good price. I'd highly recommend going with princess trails as you may pay more than other places but if you want a great time and great, healthy horses, then book to go here!