“Memorable experience”

Princess Trails Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Trails is an Indo-European family business, which aims to provide our guests with the best quality and most unique equestrian experience possible. We combine Indian hospitality with European standard of horse keeping. Our main concern and highest priority is the safety of horse and rider.Virendra & Ute organize horseback safaris, horse riding, riding lessons and related services. On our farm we have comfortable Swiss Tents for our guests wishing to stay overnight.Our Horseback Safaris usually go along off-the-beaten tracks through the hilly landscape of the Aravalli Mountains, the endless plains of Malwa or into the fringes of the Thar Desert and the Rajasthani Bagar. The riders can experience unspoiled nature and the unique culture of the hill tribes of Rajasthan. Our destinations are places of historical or cultural significance such as the medieval town of Chittor or the hill fort of Kumbhalgarh.Some of our Safaris are connecting major festivals in Rajasthan such as the Pushkar Camel Fair and are bound to certain dates. Many of our safaris are also going through a number of wildlife sanctuaries such as the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary or the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary so our riders can enjoy the spectacular Indian flora and fauna. We believe in the principle of natural horsemanship. That means we keep our horses as naturally as possible and care for them with love and affection. Our horses are properly fed, shoed and have fitting, comfortable high-class saddle tack. We do not make use of underfed and untrained village horses! In fact we take pride in the point that by now we own a stable of finest Marwari horses, some of them bred and trained by us.Most of our horses are Marwari horses, indigenous to this region, perfectly adapted to the geographic and climatic conditions of Rajasthan and very comfortable to ride. Their ears are distinctively curved inwards in a lyre-shape, which makes them unique and easily recognizable. Like many other ancient breeds some of them have a forth gait, the so-called Revaal, a type of rack, very relaxing for the rider.We have horses for both beginners and advanced riders and also provide riding lessons if necessary. All our horses are forward going, well trained and a pleasure to ride. Some are ridden bitless with a hackamore or just a halter.All our safaris are organized as close to nature as possible and are eco-friendly. We use local supplies and groceries and prevent unnecessary waste. Cooking and lighting is done with gas as not to cut done forest wood.Our safaris provide rural employment as we occupy local people as helpers, guides or artists. We strongly emphasize local culture and try to help preserve it in giving the people a sense of value and pride. Our main aim is to show the unique culture and ecology of Rajasthan to our guests and connect this with an unforgettable equestrian experience.
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My friend and me had a great 2 hour ride through the surrounding countryside. We had no riding experience before and still enjoyed it a lot. Impressive horses and friendly staff.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a memorable, beautiful 2-day trip with Princess Trails. The horses were lovely, and the hosts hospitable and friendly. The first day, we rode with guide Vishnu around the countryside and hills near Udaipur. The second day, we rode with owner Ute through the wildlife preserve at Jaisamand Lake. It was just after monsoon, so everything was lush. Perhaps for that reason, we didn't see a lot of wildlife on this visit, but the riding was excellent. In the evening, Ute had a tent set up for us at the farm so we could have a bit of a camp experience (our request). The farm staff served a tasty, homemade dinner, and we enjoyed conversation and jokes with our hosts and a few other guests.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Thank you for an amazing time on these fabulous Marwari horses. I knew nothing about the breed before coming here.

They are kind, strong, forward thinking intelligent horses. What an amazing experience mountains, lagoons, birds of prey, camels, antelope ....we saw so much.

Udaipur is a fantastic area. Im very pleased I found somewhere with great people who take top care of the horses.

Great time ❤❤❤

Reviewed 8 August 2017

As I am a complete beginner, they suggested I go on the 2 hour ride, which ended up being the perfect length for me. My guide, Vishnu, took me to a beautiful lake and through many scenic areas and villages. It was wonderful to experience a bit of the countryside. Since I was so new to horseback riding, I could have used a bit more instruction at the beginning (i.e., what to do if your horse is going faster than you want, won't go, etc.), and I got a bit frightened at times. I don't think I was ever in any danger, though. I'm so glad I had this experience! The family is also so friendly and welcoming. It was also easy to schedule via email.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

I was in Udaipur for work and I added 4 days for visiting. I choose a trail on a horse and I received a very good offer from Princess Trail.

I have to say everything was much more then expected.

Horses, very nice.

The Owner was taking care of me personally also offering tea from her home.

Also added some teaching on horse riding and she was extremely passionate about horses and nature.

I can only reccomend.

In addiction they also have a hotel which I also recomend, not a 5 star but perfect in everything, clean, large room and good food and air conditioning and beatiful bathroom with staff speaking a very good english and ready to walk the extra mile without asking an extra charge.

Usually I am not a fan of Trip Advisor