“everything you expect and more”

Princess Trails Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Princess Trails is an Indo-European family business, which aims to provide our guests with the best quality and most unique equestrian experience possible. We combine Indian hospitality with European standard of horse keeping. Our main concern and highest priority is the safety of horse and rider.Virendra & Ute organize horseback safaris, horse riding, riding lessons and related services. On our farm we have comfortable Swiss Tents for our guests wishing to stay overnight.Our Horseback Safaris usually go along off-the-beaten tracks through the hilly landscape of the Aravalli Mountains, the endless plains of Malwa or into the fringes of the Thar Desert and the Rajasthani Bagar. The riders can experience unspoiled nature and the unique culture of the hill tribes of Rajasthan. Our destinations are places of historical or cultural significance such as the medieval town of Chittor or the hill fort of Kumbhalgarh.Some of our Safaris are connecting major festivals in Rajasthan such as the Pushkar Camel Fair and are bound to certain dates. Many of our safaris are also going through a number of wildlife sanctuaries such as the Kumbhalgarh Wildlife Sanctuary or the Sita-Mata Wildlife Sanctuary so our riders can enjoy the spectacular Indian flora and fauna. We believe in the principle of natural horsemanship. That means we keep our horses as naturally as possible and care for them with love and affection. Our horses are properly fed, shoed and have fitting, comfortable high-class saddle tack. We do not make use of underfed and untrained village horses! In fact we take pride in the point that by now we own a stable of finest Marwari horses, some of them bred and trained by us.Most of our horses are Marwari horses, indigenous to this region, perfectly adapted to the geographic and climatic conditions of Rajasthan and very comfortable to ride. Their ears are distinctively curved inwards in a lyre-shape, which makes them unique and easily recognizable. Like many other ancient breeds some of them have a forth gait, the so-called Revaal, a type of rack, very relaxing for the rider.We have horses for both beginners and advanced riders and also provide riding lessons if necessary. All our horses are forward going, well trained and a pleasure to ride. Some are ridden bitless with a hackamore or just a halter.All our safaris are organized as close to nature as possible and are eco-friendly. We use local supplies and groceries and prevent unnecessary waste. Cooking and lighting is done with gas as not to cut done forest wood.Our safaris provide rural employment as we occupy local people as helpers, guides or artists. We strongly emphasize local culture and try to help preserve it in giving the people a sense of value and pride. Our main aim is to show the unique culture and ecology of Rajasthan to our guests and connect this with an unforgettable equestrian experience.
Reviewed 8 March 2017

I went on the marwaritrail and i loved every day. Had a very nice horse for 8 days. Horses are in very good health. The owners Ute and Viru are very friendly people and made me very welcome.
Especially the trail where you travel on horse back in beautiful country and very small villages with beautiful people. Staying in the tents is lovely, basic but every one takes good care of you.
i recommend every one who loves some adventure and good horses and nice hosipitality to go!

2  Thank Mayra M

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I would like to thank Ute and all staff at Princess trails for a wonderful 5 days riding in the Aravalli mountains. I am a novice rider but this was not a problem a suitable lovely horse was sorted for me some riding with Ute and a good guide, Prem, did wonders for my confidents I had a fantastic experience. Thank you.
I also wanted to thank Ute for helping us sort out the rest of our holiday.
Bunty was a top driver.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Booked at the very last minute - excellent email responses - two of us, relatively inexperienced. Horses were well cared for energetic and responsive. Ute was a friendly and informative guide and the landscape varied and interesting.
A perfect antidote to temple overdose.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from the most spectacular holiday ever. We did the mountain trek with 5 nights under canvas.
We rode for 6 hours a day over terrain I thought impassible on horseback. We climbed hills covered with rocks and galloped over hard undulating ground.
We saw some spectacular sights, visited a fort, a monument , temples, a museum and had a fabulous evening's entertainment with local dancers.
Ute was a walking ( riding!) encyclopaedia explaining the culture, history and wildlife.
The horses were all active, responsive and sure footed. I note a previous comment about them acting aggressively towards each other. They are all mares so not unexpected that a few faces were pulled!!
The food was mostly vegetarian and a lot of eggs, but tasty and more than enough of it.
If I wanted to be a bit critical the organisation could have been a bit sharper - e.g. Leaving half an hour late and only just making a visit to a spectacular temple before it closed to tourists and having to send the jeep out daily for wine. ( There were 6 of us so 2 bottles daily didn't go very far!)
I would thoroughly recommend this holiday. I think you need to ride well to get the mosr of it and have a basic level of fitness. However they did cater for a friend who is a novice rider by sending her with a guide on a shorter route to meet with the rest of us at the lunch stop.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

A friend and I visiting Udaipur took a morning ride with the farm's co-owner and three of their beautiful Marwari horses.

I'm a less experienced rider than my friend and they matched us to horses and tested our abilities on the trail before letting us canter. We started off with a trip through town, and then out into the hillier countryside, which was more interesting riding and a great way to birdwatch and see the landscape in the area.

We were slightly concerned before we arrived at the farm about the care of the horses - we needn't have worried. The stables, feed and arrangements were much better than anything else we've seen in India for any animals. The German owner could tell us all about how each horse was found, kept and trained and they were all in an excellent state.

With chai, pick up and drop off straight to our hotel and guide included it is definitely worth a visit - I would love to try a longer ride with them one day.