“Just what I was looking for!”
Review of Shree Vilas Orchid

Shree Vilas Orchid
Ranked #23 of 220 Speciality Lodging in Udaipur
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As a New Yorker traveling through India for a a month, I have experienced many of the hotels here thus far. I can say I was extremely pleased with my stay here and it was exactly what I was looking for. Sometimes what you see online is NOT what you get, but this was not the case with shreevillas. What you see IS what you get and more!
Upon arrival, I met the owner who was extmely friendly and hospitable. I had a long journey the night before and was not in the greatest spirits. He offered me breakfast which was delicious and was extremely accommodating. I found that with the entire staff.
I enjoyed a few days and nights of lake views by the pool, yummy food and a helpful staff that gave me some great tips for exploring udaipur. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and I found the bungalow style rooms super charming. Apparently the property is quite new, but functions and looks like it had been around for a while. I would recommend for sure! Thanks for a great stay shreevillas!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you so much for your appreciation, we were delighted to have you as our Guest. Please do visit us again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The ShreeVilas Orchid shows that everything is possible. We had a wonderful 3 night stay there. The staff is welcoming , nothing is too much trouble. Food is wonderful.Rooms and the washrooms are clean.
What a unique place this is.This was my first visit & im absolutely speechless..

Room Tip: Room's facing the lake side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We thank you for your stay with us Mr. Bharat and look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

what a surprise package!. a lovely resort hidden from udaipur's glare. away from the rush and the typical hotel hospitality the other hotels offer. wonderful place with a almost homely hospitality. i enjoyed my 3 day package stay. worth the money i spent. will recommend to all my friends. Lv it. srikumar nagarajan. mumbai

Room Tip: insist on room no 203, the best room for a perfect open view of the pool blending with the lake. it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank srikumarMumbai
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed there for 1 night. You can stay here if you just want a clean and comfortable accommodation. Reaching this place is tough. Lake view!! not the one you want. Sound from Dhobi ghaat did disturb us a lot. No hot water. Dirty pool. Breakfast was really bad.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bean_venu
Reviewed 1 February 2012

After staying in Paras Hill Resort for 2 nights we stayed in ShreeVilas for one night. I don't recommend this hotel because of following reasons:

1. You need to park your car far from hotel on road, no guard is provided by ShreeVilas to take care of your car.
2. You need to take Auto for coming in and coming out of hotel everytime.
3. It's narrow dirty lanes to reach hotel.
4. ShreeVilas is situated at the end of the lake where all dirty part of lake is gathered and can be seen.
5. Dhobi ghaat sound comes in 5.1 effect.
6. Grass was in bad shape, at same time we found park was well maintained in Paras Hill Resort.
7. Staff was not in dress and doesn't look well trained.
8. B/F menu frustrated me alot, in CP plan they have parathas, omellette, cerals, juice, breads, tea and coffee that's it. They don't have even fruits, poha, upma etc. Even juice served was very bad, and service was damn slow. I asked three times for juice.
9. My kid was taking shower, light gone, they didn't switch on generator for 5-7 mins and water was gone in bathroom. I literally shouted on house keeping staff and he switched on generator.
10. Staying there during winter is not recommend, rooms were very very cold. During same time period, we found cozy rooms in Paras Hill Resort.
11. They don't have shower cap, shaving kit in bathroom.
11. Not value for money due to above mentioned reasons, it's real worth should be Rs2000 per night.

Advantages:
1. Rooms are clean, bathroom is clean as well.

Summary, I will never stay in this resort again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NavinKaushik