I stayed at the hotel during late march. Being on a business trip, I hardly had the time to stay for very long at the hotel except to sleep in the night.
I write the title such because the people running the facility have actually missed the opportunity. Great location by the lake, quiet neighborhood, spacious, reasonably clean rooms. Thats where the good part stops and the nasty stuff begins.
1. People manning the reception look more like hooligans ready to get into an arguement at the slightest opportunity. Giving heed to customer requirements is the last thing on their minds. Winning an arguement is all that they care about.
2. At midnight, i realized that the aircon in my room stopped working. I called the facility guy. All that he did was to fiddle with the AC remote for 20 minutes while I haplessly waiting. At the end of it, he declared that the AC is DEFINITELY working while I stood there waiting profusely. Thereafter he went back to his sleeping chambers which happens to be the reception lounge. Pls be careful if you return late in the night to the hotel. You might just stumble on the sleeping bodies right near the reception door.
3. All the time, I kept hearing that they don't have the staff to take care of the customers. Effectively, it took them 1.25 hours to deliver my breakfast, 55 minutes to return a shirt given for ironing. I have never seen this lousy service in the crappiest of the budget hotels. It all pointed to the total lack of the concept called "customer service"
4. The hotel has only 6 rooms with floor above used as a hookah bar for the local youngsters. Effectively what you hear for nearly the whole of hte evening is the continuous thumping on the ceiling.
5. Towels were smelly.
I think understand the difference between rustic and rude behaviour. The staff was totally indifferent to what the customer wanted.
Also, note that this is a completely vegetarian hotel. They won't even give you dishes to bring the nonveg stuff that you bring from outside. Not that I am complaining, just a pointer to my fellow travellers. Booze is allowed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Yatra, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Everest International Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Everest International Hotel & Restaurant Udaipur, Rajasthan