My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Udaipur for three nights. Overall, we thought that it offered solid mid-priced lodging and was probably one of the better hotels in the area outside of the more expensive, upscale options such as the Taj or the Oberoi. We were pleased with our stay and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a moderate-priced option in Udaipur.
The Sheraton Udaipur is a convenient tuk-tuk or car ride away from the famous sites in Udaipur. The grounds of the hotel have been inspired by the local architecture, however, once inside, it feels more like a spacious business hotel. The service is low-key, but the staff is pleasant and responsive when you ask for help. The live sitar and tabla performances in the lobby were a nice touch.
The first room we checked into was a corner room on the upper floor. It was spacious and had a lot of natural light, and a claw-foot tub in addition to the shower, but it smelled like sulfur. We notified the front desk and were promptly moved to another room down the hall, which was smaller and had less light, but was still clean and comfortable. If you are a sensitive sleeper, you may want to request a corner room or bring earplugs because the noise in the hallways tends to carry.
Normally, we would venture into town for dinner, but our vacation was over the New Year holiday, so we attended the hotel’s new year gala. We sat at large round banquet tables with other guests, which was a bit awkward at first, but it was fun to see families (mostly Indians from different parts of the country) celebrating the holiday with dancing and other festivities. There was a beautiful spread of food, much of which tasted like average catered fare. The breakfast buffet offered a more limited selection compared to some of the other Sheraton hotels that I have stayed at, but fine for a quick bite before sightseeing. Dinner at Antara was average, but filling and convenient.
We did not use the spa or fitness room and it was too cold in December to go for a dip in the pool. The outdoor veranda on the lobby level is a peaceful place to spend some time and we enjoyed our tea from the lobby lounge (Aangan) there.
Overall, the Sheraton Udaipur lived up to our expectations. It was a comfortable and clean place to stay for our long days of sightseeing in Udaipur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa Boasting a location near Fateh Sagar Lake, our hotel in Udaipur is moments from the shopping districts of Hathi Pol and close to the City Palace. Resort guests enjoy on-site dining two restaurants and a poolside bar, as well as features like an on-site spa, a concierge and three flexible meeting and event spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Hotels.com, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Udaipur Palace Hotel Udaipur
- Radisson Blu Udaipur Palace Resort & Spa Rajasthan