We stayed at this hotel on 30 & 31 December 2011. After reading some negative reviews, we changed our booking to two nights instead of three. We were two families travelling together with four teenagers in our group. On arrival and on first sight of the hotel, we knew what a mistake it was that we had shortened our stay. The hotel was beautiful, set on the very top of a hill. Views were breathtaking. We stayed at some good hotels and havellis in Rajesthan, but this was by far the nicest. It is not full of grandeur, but it is very picturesque, very green and very welcoming.
Check in was quick and our bags were at the rooms by the time we got there. Our rooms were large with our own balcony. Each block also had a terrace where you could go up on and enjoy the views. Rooms were delightful and kept clean throughout our stay. Bathroom had a shower and a bath tub. Again, all very clean. Tea/coffee making facilities were provided. The queen size bed was very comfortable.
The restaurant and buffet area is small, but we did not have to wait long (we were informed that there were plans to refurb and make bigger). The buffet was sufficient and tasty with plenty of veg and non veg to choose from. However, after seeing the a la carte menu, we wished we had just ordered what we wanted. The restaurant was clean, and service was good. Breakfast was also excellent with plenty of fruits and hot and cold Indian and continental food. Breakfast on New Year's Day was by the poolside which was a nice touch.
There was a mandatory New Years Eve Gala that we had to pay for. The party was at poolside, really well laid out. We were given a table next to the bar and in direct view of the entertainment stage, and dance floor. There was an open bar, which was a nice surprise - made what we paid value for money.The food array was amazing! There were so many different types of food, and plenty of vegetarian dishes - yum! Honestly, it was suberb, and cannot be faulted in any way. We made so many friends that night, it was just wonderful! The hotel staff worked tirelessly, and all with a smile on their faces, and always amazingly polite. The music was good, and we just danced, ate, drank and talked.
We checked out on New Year' Day, again with little fuss. it was so sad to leave. We met some of the nicest people here, including the staff.
Do not let some of the reviews put you off as it did me. People will always have something to complain about. The main positives about this hotel are the staff, the food, the rooms, the views. If this place worked for us, it will work for anyone. You will certainly not regret it if you choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set Majestically the resort offers breathtaking views of the Monsoon Palace (Also known as Sajjangarh) as well as Lake Pichola. The resort has a tranquil, salubrious setting, wonderfully recreating the romance of the past and yet completely in keeping with the 21st century luxury, making it a Hotel that lends itself to discovery and continual surprise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, ClearTrip, HotelQuickly, MakeMyTrip, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Ramada Udaipur Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- Ramada Udaipur Resort And Spa Rajasthan