All reviews rooms are clean rooftop restaurant recommend this hotel elevator palace lakes city
Reviewed 16 February 2018

The big problem with this hotel is the noise on the staircase. It makes it difficult to sleep. I stayed here in February 2018 and till 1-2 am I could hear constant noise from doors slamming and other loud activities from other guests or the staff of the hotel. In the morning at 6 am the same started again. The room I stayed in, although it is sold as superdeluxe, bears the marks of inadequate cleaning and repair.
The good parts are the excellent location, practically 20 meters from the city palace, as well as the amazing view from the rooftop terrace.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank andreidoriang
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed at this hotel in last month when I traveled to Udaipur with my family. The best thing about this hotel is the location. Although its is situated in a crowded area but attractions like City Palace, Jagdish temple, Gangaur ghat etc. are within walking distance.The view that you get from the roof top restaurant is amazing. We stayed in heritage rooms on 1 and 2nd floor. The rooms were spacious and clean.The hotel staff was courteous and helpful.The hotel does provide wi-fi but I dint use it so can't comment on that.Overall we had a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hansis48
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Rooms were not clean. Rotten smell coming from rooms. Bath room floor is slippery. No room service. Telephone and AC not working. What for this hotel.... Do not recommend people to stay. Waste of money.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Hotel is situated in a very crowded area. Hotel is offering free parking but here the actual position is that there is no parking provided by hotel and I have to pay Rs 250 for parking charges for 2N and 1D. I am surprised to see that there is a Municipal Junk yard where all the garbage has been thrown by many people and luckily my HERITAGE room is facing the same.
This hotel has a nice restaurant which is managed by 2-3 small kids and 1 manager food quality is OK but not very good. When i ordered for dinner they surrendered because all the staff had gone for leave. Finally 1 of the hotel staff guided me to pack the dinner from XYZ hotel. Hotel is offering 2 types of room 1 is Deluxe Room and another 1 is HERITAGE room. Dlx room is big in size and have low tariff and Heritage room it has an extra Charge because it have a small sitting area near window although Heritage room area is less than deluxe room area. Wash room is very small and water force is very poor it takes 35 min to fill the bucket as what i have experienced. This is a truth.However hotel staff is very cooperative unless you have a patience..........

Room tip: There is a small TV in a room but no channels are working because the settop box card was not present
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

Manager at Hotel Govindam Palace, responded to this review
Dear Abhishekg ,
thank you so much for your review.
We are dejected that your experience with us wasn't upto your expectations.
first of all I would like to tell you that it was a Festival time when you arrived to Udaipur . I remember that I have told you on phone that while you were reaching to the hotel that All the way to the Hotel had been Closed by the Police. there are 150 hotels and guest houses near our Hotel so every one has to face the same even the residents of our area has to face the same situation.
and when the Guy from hotel came to receive you he has also told you that you can park you car for two hours there then We will Manage to park your car in our Parking. but there was no interest from your side. Next morning when you were going for sight seeing in Tuk-Tuk I have again told you that sir Please Give me the key or you can Park you car in our Parking but you said "NO" while saying that Parking man is not going to charge lots of money.
and about low pressure of water in tap we have changed your room next morning without any hustle.
and about food in the restaurant if Restaurant was not in the operation that day because of festival again what else we can suggest you. so the same we have done it.
And the 2 breakfast which you had at our Restaurant were not even included we have served you for free cos, I have asked you that your breakfast is not included and you deny to show your booking voucher if you want you can recheck your booking voucher please.
but still We are sorry for not reaching your satisfactory and hope to serve you again and help you make better memories in future.
Thanks and Regards
Deepak S.
Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I have been there a week ago with my friends. That place is really nice and happening.
I have stayed in heritage room on 3rd floor. The room was spacious, cleqn big bathroom. Hot shower was working very good. Wi-fi works really good on rooftop aswel in room. The staff was helpful and couriouts. The roof top restaurant has best view of city palace and jagdish temple.
Definitely recommend place.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 August 2017

Dear Dimesh,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule. we would always look forward for your next Visit.
Thanks and regards.