I must start by saying we did not stay at this hotel- we stayed at the Taj Lake Palace and went for dinner at this hotel and to check it out while we were in Udaipur. The Leela Palace is positioned in the market to compete with Taj and we were excited to have dinner there on our last evening. The restaurant was a massive disappointment. I ordered duck confit and it was not edible. My husband was also disappointed with his entree. The chef came to our table to say hello and I told him about the duck which he could see I did not touch - he told me he would try to do a better job tomorrow. The overall service was cold and careless. We left greatly disappointed and wished we had not held our final evening at the Leela Palace. Taj clearly has the market on property, quality, food and service, hands down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Palace, Udaipur, with its breathtaking view of the Aravalli Mountains stands majestically in a natural setting on the banks of the Lake Pichola. The Leela Palace offers its discerning guests an opportunity to experience royal living of majestic times.Evoking a grandeur and opulence of a bygone era, all 80 rooms and suites overlook the tranquil waters of the lake. Heritage and Lake view rooms finely appointed with artifacts and furnishings representing the handicrafts of Rajasthan. The suites evoke a sense of architecture which includes the rich and natural detailing of traditional Indian palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and ClearTrip so you can book your The Leela Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Rajasthan