All reviews infinity pool hill top monsoon palace surrounding hills minute drive lake pichola old palace beautiful hotel heritage hotel panoramic view breakfast and dinner indian food rooms are big like royalty amazing place memorable stay city
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Its an excellent property , best location, service is excellent , food good.

Room tip: All the rooms are well located
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Fateh Garh is undeniably a lovely hotel. It is perched on top of a hill about 20 minutes’ drive from the centre of Udaipur. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are large, the restaurant pleasant, and the views amazing. However, being outside of the town did make me feel a little cut off. I would have preferred to stay somewhere more central, on the lake perhaps.

I would have liked to say that the remoteness made it peaceful, however when we stayed there was a large private birthday party that had taken over most of the hotel (we hadn’t been warned). They had a disco located by one of the pools, and big groups of children playing in and around the other. This meant that everywhere we went we felt we were gate-crashing a private party. It also meant service at the bar and restaurant wasn’t as good as it could have been (they were overstretched and clearly were more concerned with attending to the birthday party guests).

Had I visited when there wasn’t a large private function I probably would have felt differently. However based on this experience, if I return to Udaipur I would most definitely stay on the lake, and perhaps just visit the restaurant at Fateh Garh one evening to enjoy the views.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
fatehgarh, Owner at Hotel Fateh Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Greetings!! Thank you for the comment and rating. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The location of the hotel is just awesome. The view from all the corners is brilliant and swimming pools are also great ..u can see the udaipur palace from the pool. The size of the pools is pretty big with nice sitting areas as well.

Some of the rooms also have private pools which makes it even more luxurious.

Date of stay: June 2011

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I hardly ever write reviews online about hotels - an exception as this place is special! A beautiful property that overlooks the city of Udaipur. Rooms, ambience, staff, food - and views - are top top class. The place has real grandeur, magical Rajasthan at its best, one can not be disappointed.

Having got Married in Udaipur, we had several of our ceremonies at Fateh Garh as well as staying for the duration - this amazing place will be in my heart forever. Should you visit, it will be in yours too!

Nilesh Patel

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
fatehgarh, Owner at Hotel Fateh Garh, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

It was our pleasure to have hosted your wedding, pleased to know that you had a memorable experience. Will look forward to welcoming you again in near future....

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I held part of our wedding ceremony at Fateh Garh, and I have to say that our stay and functions at Fateh Garh made our wedding, they were stunning!

Fateh Garh is amazing, the views, the staff, the service I just can’t say enough. And special thanks to Anil Soni who did an amazing job organising our wedding functions, what he created was a dream.

I would recommend Fateh Garh to all, it’s a place that will hold dear to my heart always and I cannot wait to visit again.....

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Will look forward to your next visit. Thank you for putting up a encouraging comment. Will share with the team as well....