Amrit Sagar
Ranked #102 of 770 Restaurants in Udaipur
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2012

one of the best heritage hotels ive stayed in with more awesome staff ....

1  Thank preeti a

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was really surprised how rundown this was and I had to get special permission to see it. I was told only guests are allowed on the property. I thought some of it was pretty but nothing like I had imagined. I think everyone associates it with the James Bond movie but to me it looked like a big white concrete box that needed much work. The check-in is like going through the airport, bags must go through a scanner and it is very impersonable. I would never stay there.

4  Thank 4halex
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Location, ambience, selection and quality just superb.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was one of the best meals we had in India. If it had been in London , our home town we would have paid 3 times that price. It was a fixed price meal around US$100 per person and then wine extra fro the most well balance and scrumptious. Balanced to perfection and absolutely without fault. Perfect location, looking out over the lake at night, service was perfect. I thought that a 4 course menu would be too heavy, but it wasn't...I wanted to eat there again the next night. Our friends were staying at the hotel..we were glad that we were not staying there, but coming as guests. It was so romantic. We will come again if asked.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The Indian restaurant was very good - and they could not have taken enough trouble with us, explaining different aspects of the dishes and showing us the spices afterwards. There is a window to the kitchen. everyone was very friendly. we thought the roof top restaurant less good, and much more expensive - you pay for being on the roof and the views.

2  Thank harmsworth