“Homely, comfortable, calm”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake View Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Lake View Villa
Ranked #64 of 250 Udaipur B&B and Inns
New Delhi
“Homely, comfortable, calm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

This place has many positives going for it.
Pros:
1) The people: This is a family-run place and the folks take very good care of you. We were traveling with a kid and they went out of their way to make sure our kid ate something they liked. They also gave a lot of useful advise and in general were always available to talk.
2) The rooms: 100% clean and very comfortable. Some rooms have lake view and others do not. Keep in mind that this hotel is near Fateh Sagar Lake (and not Pichola where most of the attractions are)

Cons:
Location: This is not close to where all the action is. It is walkable if you like long walks. One can always get an auto but it becomes an issue late in the evening. We kind of avoided this issue by getting an auto for 2 days. We would just call the guy where ever we were and he would pick us up. It meant a slightly higher cost but was very convenient.

Overall, this is an excellent choice for folks who want to explore Udaipur but come back to the relative calm and comfort at Fateh Sagar. For those who want to stay where the action is, stick to hotels around Lake Pichola.

Room Tip: Inform in advance that you want a lake-view room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank akshatverma
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calcutta, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

It’s a good place to stay. I stayed here for 2days (29thFeb & 1st March'12) and received a good hospitality. I stayed with my family (parents in law and my husband and son) in 2 super deluxe rooms and we have a common balcony .We all enjoyed here. It’s not a hotel but a home away from home. Mr & Mrs Singh were very warm. Location is very good. Rooms are not so big but well decorated. There is a courtyard and balconies where you can sit and enjoy the scenery and serenity. The roof top eating place and atmosphere of the hotel impressed me. Staffs are very good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Gurgaon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I liked this hotel, though approach road is not that clean. however the roof top eating place and atmosphare of the hotel impressed me. staff are good, Do bergain before you sellte for a room

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed here with my husband for 4 days and it was such a comfortable stay. It's only about an 8-minute taxi ride to the City Palace and to town where all the shops were, so for us, it was a great location. Mr. Singh and his wife were so welcoming and warm and we would not hesitate to stay here again when we return to Udaipur.

Room Tip: We chose the deluxe room and loved it, but we saw a few of the other rooms and they all looked like...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neelum E
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Lake View Villa with Mr. and Mrs Singh for three days in November 2011. What an amazing set up they have here. It is a clean and modern home built right on the edge of the lake. There is a courtyard and balconies where you can sit and enjoy the scenery and serenity that the lake offers. They service is also top notch! I got "Delhi Belly" on my way to Udaipur and I was really feeling rough by the time I got to Lake View Villa. Mr. & Mrs. Singh took care of me and provided for my every need. I was back on my feet and touring the city in no time. We really enjoyed our time here and I cannot say enough good things about this place. Thanks for everything!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple