“Excellent place to stay in Udaipur”
Review of Lake View Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Lake View Villa
Ranked #76 of 285 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel is located near mahakaleshwar temple. We were here for 2 days & this hotel has lived upto our expectations.
Rooms were clean and nicely done. Staff was highly proactive ( I remember my LG charger wasnt working & I requested staff to get me the new but he managed to get me one for charging my phone & asked me to keep it for 2 days ) that was a WOW factor.

Hotel is very homely and provides a fantastic view of fatesh sagar lake.

I recommend this place if you are in Udaipur

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Thank you so much for making my stay such a wonderful experience. The sunset from my balcony was magical and the room so, so comfortable. Your hospitality very welcoming and informative. A quiet, homely, friendly, clean and very comfortable stay. I would highly this recommend place to everyone for a truly hospitable and caring experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Our stay at Lake View Villa in Udaipur was by far the highlight of our India trip. The property is squeaky clean, the most amazing location (the Fateh Sagar Lake touches the backyard), excellent hospitality by all memebers of the family and a very amicable atmosphere. All our needs and requirements were attended immediately.
The rooms are undoubtedly the best and cleanest we have seen anywhere in Rajasthan/India. The food was excellent and prepared to suit our palate.
The host - Mr Singh was very helpul in providing tips for sightseeing etc.
All in all - a great experience and would love to go back again one to the Singhs and Lake View Villa.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lukebms
Reviewed 20 January 2011

Firstly I must say on my trip round varanasi and rajasthan Udaipur was probably my favourite place - and I spent Xmas here. However this place just gave me the creeps to be honest. I choose the place from reviews. I arrived by plane from Jaipur and was pleased to see the house from the outside. It looked lovely. But it is outside the main town - which in this case was a disadvantage I must say.

The owner greeted me when I arrived (wearing a long trenchcoat which he NEVER took off for three days even wearing over his pyjamas!) and took me to my room. It was freezing and smelt badly of damp. The bathroom had the air freshner balls in the drain which made me gag the smell was so bad. The towels were extremely thin and had stains on them (as did the bed sheet).

I was asked if I wanted dinner (it was 9pm) and i said that would be lovely. He tried to make me have it in my room but it was very small with no table so I said I wuold have it in the restaurant - there is no restaurant. Instead I had to order in my room and then sit at a large round table in reception opposite reception where the owner sat (in his coat) at the computer the whole time I ate on my own. There was a wooden screen obscuring the kitchen door and throughout my meal I was observed by the kitchen staff.

Dinner was uninspiring and parts of it inedible (but I was charged 700 rupees - £10 for the priviledge!). It was all a bit eerie. I saw no other guests and I was travelling alone.

There had been an issue with my deposit (unlike everywhere else I stayed on my month long trip this establishment demanded a 50% deposit upfront when I booked 2 months before). Despite my bank being aware of the trip they just would not authorise my card on their 'secure' website. When I queried it with the bank prior to my trip they said that it wasnt secure. However I still managed to arrange the room by phone whilst in Delhi.

When I questioned the owner about this he said it was his 'marketing agents' who deal with bookings?? When I tried to pay by card I wasnt allowed - he siad he doesnt take cards so I had to get a tuk tuk to the nearest ATM to pay him in cash. Which is when I realised how much my awful dinner had cost. He also charged my 140 rupees for a bottle of Fosters beer.

The room itself was reasonably clean and once I asked for a heater did eventually warm up but I must say I was never at ease at this house. Everytime I came down the lift there he was in his coat when the doors opened. Not at all pleased that i wasnt having breakfast there (I found the German Bakery in Udaipur which was cheap and delicious).

All in all I would not recommed this place. Speaking to other travellers better rooms at a cheaper cost are to be had in the centre of Udaipur. although I stayed in many places outside main towns on my trip in this case I think that being in the city is much more beneficial in Udaipur. It's much more relaxing and clean than many of the usual tourist places in rajasthan - and you will probably be more at ease if you are travellign alone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Shelby34
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I loved this place. I was staying here on my own and made to feel like one of the family. The Singhs are so friendly and helpful, I was sad when I had to leave after four days. The rooms are clean, spacious and air conditioned, and the breakfast on the terrace overlooking the lake was great. My rich friends were staying at the Udaivilas up the road but I felt so at home here I wouldn't have swapped with them for anything.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo