“Cosy”

Savage Garden
Ranked #58 of 727 Restaurants in Udaipur
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 9
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“Cosy”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We went to the Savage Garden cause some of my friends wanted a break from Indian food. We had some trouble finding the place, but when you get inside, it´s a really lovely place. My pasta was a bit overcooked and bland, maybe because we were used to the spicy Indian food...

• Visited March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

St Helens, England
“Something Different”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had dined at Savage Garden on a previous visit to Udaipur and had no hesitation in reacquainting ourselves with the slightly garrish decor.

The menu has a strong European influence and provides a chance to rest from traditional Indian fare with several soups available - we compromised and went for the [excellent] mulligatawny - a variety of pasta dishes and other meat-based offerings.

The service was efficient and friendly, the food very tasty and the beer reasonably priced. The coffee, while not quite up to the highest Italian standards, was a welcome relief from the insipid or instant drinks too often provided elsewhere.

Visited March 2012
Jodhpur, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, especially if you need a break from Indian!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Amazing. The chicken with rosemary and potatoes was delicious!! Really lovely to have wine for a change too. Great setting. Check this one out!

Visited March 2012
Thank Charlotte Laure... W
Wairoa, New Zealand
“Cute arty-surrounds for expensive but good food”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Cute alcoved areas. No Wi-Fi. The upper alcoved areas have no fans, and can get a little stifling if the weather is hot. There is no 'roof-top' dining. Go for the garden area if the weather is warm. The Chicken Wajid Ali was recommended by another TA member, so we tried that. It was very nice, but a little too Central-European-style-heavy-mealed for us. I couldn't really finish mine, and my partner ate around 1/3 of hers, so I'm not so sure about following one reviewer's recommendation - that you order 2! However this is certainly a great choice for those with substantial appetites!

We probably won't return to sample the other food as 2 mains, 2 simple chocolate ice creams, a glass of white Indian wine (delicious!), a bottle of water and a lassi came to almost 1,400r! That's a small fortune in India ....

No credit cards. The service was impeccable, but then at these prices, that's to be expected.

• Visited March 2012
Madrid
“Heavenly pasta”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Prices are probably double as much as those of average eateries, but I had some fantastic home-made aubergine and mozzarella ravioli here. Nothing to envy my mamma's cooking (note, I'm Italian). I happily paid the bill which was, anyway, cheap by Western standards. I'm just sorry I was too full so I couldn't try anything else, but I'm sure everything is worth trying on the menu. They have original entrees and the setting is really enjoyable, really Mediterranean.

Visited January 2012