It is surprising to note that a few people found this place to be terrible. We stayed at the Tiger Safari Resort for 3 days last weekend. They never insisted on an advance payment at the time of booking through e-mail (which is hardly the case with others in their vicinity).
The rooms are pretty much basic but nice with clean bathrooms. The swimming pool is well maintained and we thoroughly enjoyed a dip. Although a bit over priced, the food at the Restaurant was quite good. The service was fabulous and we were taken care of by the entire staff very well.
They didn't sound grumpy (which the nearby resorts do) when we told them that we'd already booked the safaris online and were glad to arrange for our boarding passes at a nominal charge of Rs. 300 per person. The Owner, the manager as well as the entire staff were quite friendly and always came up to chat with us about the Tiger sightings we had (4 close-up sightings in 4 safaris !). The Owner also personally dropped us at the Sawai Madhopur Railway Station.
An overall pleasant experience and a big thumbs up to the Tiger Safari Resort. I'm sure I'd never look for any other place on my next visit to Ranthambhore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are shortly launching from NOV,2014, our new wildlife boutique property THE SHERGARH, RANTHAMBHORE,only one K.M. From National Park. Special discount for first 100 bookings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra, Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, ClearTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Tiger Safari Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tiger Safari Hotel Sawai Madhopur
- Tiger Safari Resort Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India