2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
US$ 374
Booking.comUS$ 374
TripadvisorUS$ 374
All reviews the cottages vegetarian food plunge pool small pond resident crocodile local community the main house hot water bottles national park game drives slide show before dinner wake up call home grown nature walk an oasis fellow guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

The wonderful Khemvilas settled in the Aravalis is a beautiful family run resort.We could not have asked for a better stay.The cottages are thoughtfully designed and wonderfully furnished,equipped with all modern facilities.The place has the best view possible, one could never get bored of the surroundings.We got a chance to take the Nature walk ,Dinesh ji took us around and he is amazing with sighting .We spotted some distinct bird species ,two leopards and four tigers.All thanks to the amazing efforts by the team.
The stay has been rejuvenating and we were delighted to be there, too sad to leave .
The architecture is beautiful and the service spectacular.The amount of energy spent in creating the magical place is definitely felt once you arrive, they are doing an amazing job and keeping such high standards with regards to their service.
Food is an excellent combination of traditional and western cuisine , made as per the guest requirements,the veggies come from their inhouse vegetable garden which adds to the charm.
Thank you Khemvilas for spoiling us !!
We shall soon return ❤️

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2021

I stayed in khem villas with my family in last week of december 2020. I had never imagined that there could be such a lovely place to stay with feeling of forest, all luxuries and highly friendly and professional staff. In the evening the campfire near pond where beside snacks and beverages the experts of wildlife share their views and knowledge about wildlife with the guests. The crocodile pond in the property is another great attraction, specially for children. The food is too yummy.

Room tip: The tents are too luxurious
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 5 January 2021

I stayed in Jan 2021 for 1 night. Khem Villas is a reputed place in Ranthambore. I stayed in Villa room.

First the good things: The place is at a nice location, maintained very well. I took a brief walk in the property with naturalist Babu who is knowledgable and affable. They had allowed me to checkin early as I was reaching 10:30am. Since jaipur - delhi highway was blocked due to farmer protests, their manager went ahead to check with their cab agency for an alternate safe route. The villa room is spacious with lot of outdoor seating.

Now, the improvements/feedback:

I paid 28k including all meals for a night. In this tariff, on value for money parameter I will rate at 2-3 out of 10.

The outdoor seating in the villa is not really private as the other villa's guests can come in that area, rendering the outdoor seating less relevant. In one of the Villa, they have outdoor jacuuzi also which is also not private area since other villa's guest can come in. They can close that entrance very easily which I don't know why is not closed

The Villa with indoor bath tub - a small feedback though - pls provide the bubble bath in the toiletries

The property tries to maintain the eco friendly badge and they dont provide plastic water bottles etc which is of course good. The toiletries come in disposable plastic which should also be done away with. They can provide in refillable bottles and if any guest specifically asks for disposable bottles for toiletries then only provide that.

They have extremely few wall sockets in the room making the charging extremely difficult. We had 2 phones, 1 mac, 1 camera, our son had drone. Kindly provide an extension board in the room. Not expensive at all.

There is no electric kettle in the room. Though they provide hot drinking water on request but how many times will I ask for it because they gave hot water in a regular bottle which will go cold in 10-15 min. Either they should by default provide hot water in the rooms in a thermal controlled bottle or provide an electric kettle.

For room heaters - they have hot and cold AC in the room. Hot and cold ACs are more effective at heating the room but in Ranthambore it is not bone chilling cold. One can easily manage with Oil heaters which are far more better as they don't change the humidity of the room. In winters, humidity is already low, hot and cold ACs reduce the humidity further.

Coming to the food where I have major concerns. Food quality in general left a LOT to be wanting. I would rate my lunch and dinner at 6/10 at the maximum.

We are Vegans and dont consume any refined oil etc. We had asked chef to keep anything they prepare separately without the frying etc. When we reached for the breakfast, they brought us the Sambhar which had vegetable separate and water separate. It was so horrible that I have no words for it. I called chef and requested him to taste a spoon. Chef didnt taste and he said: "sir other chef made it, its not good I know". Can you imagine the chef is saying this to me. Why are you even serving me if you made it bad. Then I requested him to make Paratha for us and I thought I will eat with peanut butter. To my surprise, they did not even have peanut butter. Peanut butter these days is available even in average hotels, let alone Khem Villa with a premium price tag.
Then I requested chef to make a green chutney for us with minimal/no chilli. The chutney came with water and greens not blended and when I tasted it had extremely high chilli that I could not even have second bite of it. I called chef again and this time F&B manager came and instead of accepting the fault (at least in case of sambhar they accepted they made it bad), he argued that may be the chilli was very sharp or something. They again got the chutney for us, this time without chilli but still the water and greens not blended. We were very hungry, so ate a Paratha and left the breakfast table.

This is the first time I had a bad experience after staying in a premium place. But its not to say that everything was bad.

I wish they make the necessary corrections. Of course I am not returning to Khem Villas again but I want them to improve on their standards. Their core (location, legacy, maintenance) is good but they have not focused on the details in many aspects which spoils the whole experience.

Date of stay: January 2021
Usha Rathore, Owner at Khem Villas Ranthambore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2021

Dear Ramita Jindal ji,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and providing a detailed feedback. We apologize that your experience wasn’t at par with your expectations. We are glad you enjoyed the nature walk with one of our naturalists, we thrive to make this the highlight for every guest.

We would like to politely disagree about the privacy of the outdoor seating at your villa. The villa is separated with a 6-foot wall, you would have to jump on top of plants and onto a wall that is clearly not a walking path to get to the neighboring villa, this is not something that guests or our staff does. If you do not jump over the plants or the wall, the private patio of either villa cannot see each other.

The bathroom toiletries are something that we are wanting to change to glass bottles. However, we are not able to find a bottle that meets our quality standards, this is the reason that we have continued with the small plastic bottles.

The extension board is a good advice, we have ordered them and will install them soon.

We have HVAC systems throughout the property which are the most energy efficient, our goal is to consume as little energy as possible.

We do not have any professionally trained staff; we have hired people from the local community and home trained them and although they try their best to meet any requests there can be issues when guests make last minute special requests. We would urge anyone who is visiting us and has dietary restriction to let us know of these restrictions prior to their arrival at Khem Villas. For anyone who doesn’t have special requests, our food is very light, home-like, healthy, vegetarian, mostly organically grown on the property and nothing is from a cold storage. It would be easy to put a wide variety of assortments, however as an environment conscious property we try to provide a balanced and healthy meal and avoid unnecessary waste of food. On the other hand, if guest request something particular that we can make we are more than happy to accommodate.

Our premium price tag, unlike a 5-star hotel is not for the amenities in the room or for extravagant meals, but for a truly wild experience as if you were staying inside Ranthambhore. The numerous water bodies, grasslands and wooded areas offer guests a jungle experience unlike any in Ranthambhore. Our rooms are cozy with extremely comfortable beds, great views, ample privacy, great showers and have been made so guests can have a good night’s sleep but want to go out-doors as soon as they wake up to the jungle sounds. If this is something you are looking for then you need not look any further. However, if it is a branded five-star experience with all its trappings maybe this is not the right kind of place for you. We are what we say we are i.e., a wilderness camp par excellence committed to conservation with over 35 acres of wilderness and more than 5 kms of nature trails.

Best Wishes,
Usha

Reviewed 18 November 2020

The hotel is located near the forest and is a huge property spread out in 25 acres. The booking through Mr Digvijay of Shaurya Agency was very smooth and the owner of hotel Ms. Ushaji takes personal care of the property, so its very well maintained. Theres some room to improve the menu, but all in all, its a lovely, jungle resort, with no TV and just nature around you. The water holes inside property has crocodiles , which add to the excitement. Mr. DIGVIJAY at the property is very cordial with guests , and looks after your all needs. The GM is kind too. All staff members are ever smiling and helpful. The villas are the best, cottages 5 to 8 are good too. Cottages 1 to 4 have no view. Rooms in cottages are small, but clean with good outdoor space.
Its a nice resort to stay in Ranthambore.
Can surely stay here for long periods to rejuvenate.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Khem villas with our two kids, for 3 nights at their cottage overlooking the small pond.
The hotel is very well maintained, very clean sheets and rooms.
They only serve Veg food, with set menu, but we really enjoyed the food as everything is made fresh and mostly grown from their in-house organic farm.
The staff was very accommodating, made us feel very comfortable. They made sure all our requests were catered to. They even went out of their way to prepare Dal batti churma for us on special request.
One of the staff gave us lot of information about the tigers and other stories of the jungle and kept the kids engaged and interested every evening in the properties beautiful sit out where they have bonfire every evening.
The pool is small and more like a plunge pool just to sit and relax in.
Overall great property, friendly staff and an amazing experience.
Highly recommended.