All reviews the cottages vegetarian food plunge pool small pond resident crocodile local community the main house hot water bottles national park game drives slide show before dinner wake up call home grown nature walk an oasis fellow guests
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2020

This incredible location did not disappoint! We stayed 2 nights in the tents and went on 3 safaris into Ranthambore National Park. Every aspect of our stay was memorable - the staff, food, campfires, astronomy, nature walks. Your wake up call was coffee or tea delivered to the patio of your tent! The store on property was the BEST shopping we did our entire trip in India. Prices couldn't be beat and he has a very quick turnaround time for ordered garments.Only complaint was I wished I had an extra day with no safaris just to enjoy the property even more. Thank you for this bucket list experience!

Reviewed 16 March 2020

We decided to go for the rooms in the main house rather than in the lodges and were glad we did so. They more than met our needs and were very convenient. The cost difference was substantial. The food was excellent but was let down on occasions by some pretty random service where no one seemed to be in charge. The free wildlife walk was good and the facilities were well above average. Would certainly commend to others as an alternative to less characterful but glitzy hotels in the town.

Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights after Agra. Long drive but nice to see proper countryside.

Accommodation was in tents. Very nice tents and well appointed. Note that there is no aircon in the tents. In March was fine and did not have the fan even on but in hot season I would avoid. Beautiful views from the tent.
Note also the camp is not far from the village and we heard misused a couple of times - a bit telling that the hotel provides ear plugs as standard :). The villas face the other was and may be better option.

Food was good vegetarian fare. Note that there is no meat served at all. I was not aware of this as an avid meat eater and quite strange to go 3 days with no meat. But I made it!! The food is a buffet and everything put on a tray to eat. Not first prize for me but an experience.

On the last morning we went on a walk around the property. Very informative and saw some good birds. Worthwhile doing.

Went to the spa. I never have massages but this did not do anything to persuade me to do more. Quite inexpensive though.

Overall a nice base to go on game drives. Worthwhile considering.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2020

A beautifully situated hotel in its own grounds. We stayed in one of the cottages overlooking a lake with it's own resident crocodile. Just walking round the extensive grounds was a memorable experience. The staff are friendly and helpful - and the service included hot water bottles and blankets provided for early safaris. The food - all vegetarian - was excellent, and sitting round the campfire with a cold beer in the evening was something not to miss. Thanks especially to DV, the resident naturalist, who was most informative. Definitely recommended.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Loved this place! One of the best experiences I have ever had and I did not want to leave. This place is beautiful, the staff are very attentive and they have thought of everything. Never stayed anywhere so thoughtful! Food was amazing, tour of the grounds was fab and game drives just awesome. Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Would love to return some day.

Date of stay: February 2020