“The best place I have ever stayed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Khem Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sawai Madhopur
Khem Villas
Ranked #1 of 42 Sawai Madhopur B&B and Inns
Winchester
“The best place I have ever stayed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

The only reason it has taken me so long to write this review, is that if I tell you how amazing it is it might be full next time I want to go. The tents are sumptuous, the food is excellent (vegetarian), Ranthambore is amazing, the staff are perfectly attentive and they also manage to add all the little things that make such a big difference. If I ever go back to Ranthambore, then I'll never want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

A really lovely place to stay for our tiger spotting experience. All of the staff were great – the owners, the management, the waiters, etc. They were exceptionally helpful and attentive. A very lovely hotel too – well appointed and well looked after.

It’s not cheap in comparison to some of the places we stayed in during our tour of India, but it is well worth it considering that all meals are included and given that the surroundings are so lovely.

We were lucky in that we got to see two tigers too, including the very well known Machali, which made the stay perfect.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

If you don't want to spend too much on Oberoi Vanyavilas or Aman-i-khas, go and try Khem Villas at Ranthambhore. A highly personalized service, great food (veg only), above average material comforts and a great location at the edge of the tiger reserve - all for a fraction of what Oberoi or Aman resorts will charge you. I found Khem Villas to be the best Value-For-Money option in Ranthambhore. The stay here will give you a feel of a home-stay with resort-like comfort with the promoters Usha and her husband taking care of each guest personally. The overall service level at this resort is top-notch, similar to what you can expect from any 5* luxury resort in Asia.
What I liked most about Khem Villas is their approach to wowing guests with service innovations. Like wrapping a hotbag in the blanket for the safari anticipating that it may be chilling in the morning inside the park in winter. Similarly, providing hotbags in the bed for a little added comfort or offering you cold towel and juice after you come back from safari make you feel that they do care for your needs.
This resort has taken some inspirations from south african wildlife lodges in delivering the total wildlife experience - like having a wildlife viewing deck where they serve evening drinks. This is where you get to socialize with other guests and get to know interesting facts and stories about Ranthambhore and its tigers.

I rate Khem Villas among the top three wildlife lodges that I have stayed at any national park in India. Highly recommended !!

• Liked — Service innovations and overall quality of service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Sabyasachi
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

My fiance and I stayed at Khem Villas last week and had a truly woindeful time. After the hustle and bustle of New Delhi

• Stayed January 2009
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed for three nights at Khem Villa's in June 2009 (in the middle of summer and just before the monsoon season started). When planning my trip, Usha could not have been more helpful in assisting me and my friends with not only our reservation, but also planning our transportation and game drives.
Upon arrival to Khem Villas you are greeted with a cold lime drink and fresh cold towels. The staff were all amazing and within just a few minutes of settling in, I inquired if a Rathambore fort tour would be possible and we were on our way within a matter of minutes. Dinesh was my guide and he was great. The hotel grounds are beautifully kept and the plunge pool was plenty big and nice for all 6 of us to cool off duing the hot Rajesthan summer.
We decided to splurge a bit and stayed in the bungalows which were amazing. Comfy beds, outdoor showers/bath, beautiful views of the park. Seriously...the room exceeded my rather high expectations.
I'm a pretty serious meat eater so I was a bit worried about the food...I'm happy to say I could not have been more satisfied. The fresh vegie dishes were amazing and all of the meat eaters in my group ended up being very well fed (and as happy as I was with the quality).
Sadly I didn't get to meet Usha as she was off on holiday, but her manager (Mital) was extremely nice and helpful to us all. Usha even called me at one point (while she was on holiday) to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.
This to me is the only place to stay in Rathambore. You get 5 star quality, a great location and you get so many extra personal interactions that it ends up like staying with family and not at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends