“One of the finest wildlife resorts in India”
Review of Khem Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sawai Madhopur
Khem Villas
Ranked #1 of 44 Sawai Madhopur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2009

If you don't want to spend too much on Oberoi Vanyavilas or Aman-i-khas, go and try Khem Villas at Ranthambhore. A highly personalized service, great food (veg only), above average material comforts and a great location at the edge of the tiger reserve - all for a fraction of what Oberoi or Aman resorts will charge you. I found Khem Villas to be the best Value-For-Money option in Ranthambhore. The stay here will give you a feel of a home-stay with resort-like comfort with the promoters Usha and her husband taking care of each guest personally. The overall service level at this resort is top-notch, similar to what you can expect from any 5* luxury resort in Asia.
What I liked most about Khem Villas is their approach to wowing guests with service innovations. Like wrapping a hotbag in the blanket for the safari anticipating that it may be chilling in the morning inside the park in winter. Similarly, providing hotbags in the bed for a little added comfort or offering you cold towel and juice after you come back from safari make you feel that they do care for your needs.
This resort has taken some inspirations from south african wildlife lodges in delivering the total wildlife experience - like having a wildlife viewing deck where they serve evening drinks. This is where you get to socialize with other guests and get to know interesting facts and stories about Ranthambhore and its tigers.

I rate Khem Villas among the top three wildlife lodges that I have stayed at any national park in India. Highly recommended !!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Sabyasachi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Khem Villas

Reviewed 21 June 2009

My fiance and I stayed at Khem Villas last week and had a truly woindeful time. After the hustle and bustle of New Delhi

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Stayed for three nights at Khem Villa's in June 2009 (in the middle of summer and just before the monsoon season started). When planning my trip, Usha could not have been more helpful in assisting me and my friends with not only our reservation, but also planning our transportation and game drives.
Upon arrival to Khem Villas you are greeted with a cold lime drink and fresh cold towels. The staff were all amazing and within just a few minutes of settling in, I inquired if a Rathambore fort tour would be possible and we were on our way within a matter of minutes. Dinesh was my guide and he was great. The hotel grounds are beautifully kept and the plunge pool was plenty big and nice for all 6 of us to cool off duing the hot Rajesthan summer.
We decided to splurge a bit and stayed in the bungalows which were amazing. Comfy beds, outdoor showers/bath, beautiful views of the park. Seriously...the room exceeded my rather high expectations.
I'm a pretty serious meat eater so I was a bit worried about the food...I'm happy to say I could not have been more satisfied. The fresh vegie dishes were amazing and all of the meat eaters in my group ended up being very well fed (and as happy as I was with the quality).
Sadly I didn't get to meet Usha as she was off on holiday, but her manager (Mital) was extremely nice and helpful to us all. Usha even called me at one point (while she was on holiday) to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.
This to me is the only place to stay in Rathambore. You get 5 star quality, a great location and you get so many extra personal interactions that it ends up like staying with family and not at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We chose to stay here after reading the reviews on Trip Adviser - and were not disappointed with anything.

Usha is the perfect host - she welcomed us after a long drive and had saved us lunch as we arrived mid afternoon. Her and her husband are passionate about the national park and their knowledge and enthusiasm rubs off on all of the guest. Sitting around the campfire listening to tales of the tigers before dinner was a moment never to be forgotten. Even in planning the visit, Usha never ceased to offer advise and support to ensure we got the best out of our visit. A wonderful lady.

The tent in which we stayed was fabulous - we loved all the small touches such as hot water bottles being placed in our beds when we were at dinner (much needed as it was quite cold at night when we were there!). The food was amazing - there was not one disappointing meal served up - everything was delicious.

We would also recommend going with a guide up to the fort - an amazing vantage point overlooking the park.

We were lucky enough to see a tiger on our final drive - they are elusive characters, however the park is so beautiful, the tiger is truly an added bonus!

We would definitely recommend to friends - and in fact already have - and they loved it as much as we did! Wouldn't stay anywhere else if we were to return to the area!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Khem Villas is one of those places that is totally un- commercialised , unspoilt and is so very close to nature. I would infact love to call it a nature lover's delight .. This place has got just a handful of cottages and tents and we opted to stay in the tent . We were there for 2 nights and three days.

The place is managed by a couple , they are indeed very hospitable and are always around the property to have a good chat with their guests.

Khem villas is set next to the Ranthambore national park which is primarily a tiger reserve. And during my stay at Khem villas I was always greeted at the meal table with organic food stuff most of which was grown in the farm owned by the couple. It jus' feels so good to have the papaya for breakfast which you jus' saw in the tree last evening during your stroll around the campus.

Two things that really took me aback was the warm room that greeted us after a long drive into the forest in a cold weather and a mini library that had a wide varity of books and a cozy corner where one can jus' chill around with a mug of coffee and your favourite read.

I would strongly recommend this place for anyone who would love to have some peaceful time away from the everyday hustle and bustle of the city life.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)