We stayed at Khem Villas for two nights in a tent and four safari rides. We were amazed by the beauty of this little oasis and all the good things that the founder did for the conservation of wildlife and the advancement of the local, rural communities. A part of the room rate actually contributes to a foundation with these purposes (which is probably a little comfort when you look at the room rates). They serve an average breakfast, a very good continental/international lunch and a delicious vegetarian Indian dinner. Khem Villas is the last stop of the gipsy/canters, so you get picked-up last and dropped-off first.
- Excellent service
- Calm, very beautiful location/property with nice view of Rhantambore hill range, small plunge pool, garden and plenty of opportunities to retreat
- Nice, simple but modern tents with hardwood floor, good bed and clean bath
- Wifi was quite unreliable during our stay and only available in the main building
We would definitely stay at Khem Villas again and would recommend it to travelers that are seeking a upmarket, romantic place to stay. Having passed other accommodations in Sawai Madhopur, this definitely one of the best places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khem Villas is a small wilderness camp located on the edge of Ranthambhore National Park created on 25 Acres of reclaimed barren land that offers small lakes, open grassland and thick forest areas. All of which combines to offer an unparalleled wilderness experience that is tranquil with nature trails and sit outs from where visitors can view a wide variety of birds and animals. The camp is run by Dr. Goverdhan and Usha Rathore. Goverdhan is the son of Fateh who is India's leading Tiger experts and he himself is an internationally acclaimed environmental activist providing health care, education, alternate energy projects to the local community. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Khem Villas Hotel Sawai Madhopur
- Khem Villas Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India