All reviews ratna malhotra the general manager rose petals observation tower jungle drives luxury tents private garden executive chef nature walk each guest four poster bed resident naturalist cold towels magical experience game drives every request national park
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I must say my stay at the Oberoi Vanyavilas was just simply fabulous. The GM , Ratna runs a tight ship ! From the very warm welcome, to the beautiful tent ,to the superb food and ofcourse our fabulous drives into the park, our whole stay was just excellent.
When I fell sick one day, Ratna personally looked into my well being and I must say all the staff are also very caring. Highly recommended!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tulika K
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a most wonderful review and for rating us so highly on the Trip Advisor.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you an exceptional experience.

Your special feedback about my team member is much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.

Thank you so much for your very kind words, which truly means a lot to each one of us. For each of us our guest experience matters the most and such kind words of appreciation of our efforts by our guest drives us to do it consistently.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Vanyavilās soon again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Everything about this beautiful property gives the guest a real experience of superb service in a beautiful setting with luxury villas/tents.
The manager is amazingly hands on and appears to be everywhere from meet and greet on arrival to returning from safaris and any time you are at reception.
Ratna Malhotra professionalism seems to have rubbed off on all her staff as you want for nothing.
We loved the pool and the attendants who provided lovely cool drinks often, cold water and face towels and frozen grapes and cool face sprays all complimentary.
Little touches like an ice bucket and ice in your room, book marks left on our books, ear plugs in case the bird noises disturbed us and cool water and juice in an esky for our safaris we loved both the Indian food and the vast array of choices and although we have not bothered with western style much on our three weeks in Rajasthan we did for our last night here and they do western rod as good as anywhere in the west.
I hope we return to see the Tigers as we were unfortunate in this respect but the clever staff left us a picture of a tiger from the "Rathamborhe Tigers"....loved it!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnschier
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you did enjoy the culinary skills of our chef.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique- it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. I thank you for your positive feedback regarding our accommodation and the setting of the resort.

Your special feedback about the pool attendant for his enthusiasm and the rest of my team member is much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.

We thank you immensely for appreciating our small effort of making your stay comfortable by our thoughtful little touches.

We are really glad to know that you did like the culinary skills of our chefs, appreciated the quality of the food.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Oberoi Vanyavilas soon again. And next time the elusive tigers promise to meet you!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Vanya Vilas is elegant luxury personified. Spread in over 20 acres, the "tents" are oases of calm and indulgence. You walk in through the imposing gates with rose petals being showered on you from above, and immediately feel a little royal :) Welcome drink and cool towel later a golf cart takes you to your tent, orienting you about the property on the way.

A low mud wall surrounds your tent, giving a sense of privacy and of being in your home. Its a very large tent - the term tent is used loosely since only the roof is canopied with fabric, the rest of it is built up; floor to ceiling glass on all sides with views of your two verandahs with loungers, chairs and the peacocks that come visiting. A 4-poster bed dominates, with sheers cascading down to cocoon it. The bathroom is as large as the room area, with an inviting free-standing tub, separate enclosed shower & WC, generous luggage space, his-n-hers sinks & ironing station. Bigger than many hotel rooms!
The golf carts appear on call if you are too lazy to walk to the main block.

The planning of the safaris is thoughtfully done. A wake up call later, a light breakfast is laid out for you at 530 am to keep you going for the duration of the game ride. And even if you don't take their own jeep for the safari, you are provided an icebox of beverages and extra cushions to make your ride comfortable and even binoculars. When you return from the morning safari, its not just a lavish breakfast that awaits you - there's also Lakshmi, the resident, much loved, very spoiled and quite hungry elephant waiting to greet you. The staff like proud parents tell us that she's about a 100 pounds overweight, as her mahout gives us apples to feed her - which she doesn't take in her trunk - she opens her moth and you pop them right in, even as she is surreptitiously groping the mahouts pockets for more. A few apples later you can hug her massive trunk as she poses patiently for pictures.

And as for hunger - Chef Gunjeet is just fabulous!! On hearing our penchant for authentic Laal Maas, he specially cooked for us the spiciest, yummiest version I have ever had in my decades of searching for the perfectly cooked one. The Junglee Maas the next night was equally good yet so different. Chef Gunjeet is a genius :)

Theres enough to do after your safaris - attend the video presentation about the park and its famous tigers - its very good. Different artisans come every day to entertain and showcase their skills. Performers in the evening entertain by the outdoor bar under the stars, as the night turns cool. On my husbands birthday we had a lovely surprise - a private setting for breakfast in the lawns...a pathway of flowers led to our beautifully decorates table under an umbrella, while a flutist serenaded us during the leisurely meal. Perfect!

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nidhi K

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Oberoi Vanyavilas for your stay and for highlighting the pleasant experience you had with us through such an encouraging review on The Trip Advisor.

We pride ourselves in providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience.

We are really happy to know that you did admire our small little touches of welcoming you in an Oberoi traditional way by showering rose petals and providing cold towels and special welcome drinks.

My team and I thank you for appreciating our efforts of ensuring that our guests have a comfortable safari experience.

Our beloved pet elephant Lakshmi is a very essential part of our team at The Oberoi Vanyavilās, highly pampered, we love her and we thank you for your kind words for her!

Your special feedback about Chef Gunjit for preparing the authentic Laal Maas and Junglee Maas especially for you is highly appreciated I have shared your kind words of appreciation with my kitchen team, naturalist team and the rest of team my members. They are delighted to hear your praise for them.

All of us look forward to meeting you again and in providing another memorable experience.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Our stay in the luxury tent, huge with full amenities such as tv and a/c was simply magnificent! The naturalist on staff is terrific. The restaurant went above and beyond catering to our dairy and gluten free needs! Management and staff are extremely competent and courteous. We highly recommend the Oberoi at Ranthambhore.

Room tip: All tents are spacious and luxurious!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ViLana18
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing The Oberoi Vanyavilās for your stay and for highlighting such an encouraging review on the Trip advisor.

Personalized interaction with guests is our approach to service delivery and appreciation of our efforts in this regard from the guests drives us to do it consistently.

Your special feedback about my kitchen team, service team for preparing gluten free food especially for you, naturalist and the rest of my team members are much appreciated and has been personally shared with them. They will be delighted to hear about your praise for them.

My team and I will look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi Vanyavilās soon again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful tent suites, amazing service and food. Everything; the decor, the restaurant and library bar, the suites and especially the attentive management and staff are top notch. The hotel is right on the border of the park so safari and sightseeing expeditions are easy and quick. The hotel employs a staff of naturalists that can take you around the grounds to explore the floura and fauna and who do very interesting interpretive talks in the evening. A 5+ star luxury retreat to steal away from after a hot day exploring the Indian jungle. Totally worth the visit!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank psyancegirl
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Guest,

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilās is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you enjoyed the tented accommodation and the beautiful flora and fauna around.

Your encouraging feedbacks about the Naturalist team for the evening tigers talks and the rest of my team members are much appreciated and have been personally shared with them. They will be very delighted to hear about your praise for them.