From the moment you walk up the steps thru a shower of rose petals, to the time you leave relaxed, this is a stellar property.
The rooms are all fairly large, with great views out to the surrounding countryside. All the modcons are available like flat screen TV, DVD player, blasting air con, superior room service, High pressure showers, etc... The rooms are spread over several levels in a fort, so maybe problematic if you aren't very mobile...like my father. However, they placed him in a room right by the creaky hydraulic elevator, so it was all ok. The nooks and crannies are great for the kids to explore during the hot afternoons. They also make for some very interesting pictures.
The pool is in a great spot, on a terrace overlooking the countryside as well. Didn't use the spa facilities...but did tour thru them and they seemed more than adequate.
There is one restaurant which serves a decent mix of Indian and International cuisine, which was slightly below par for a hotel of this quality...but was perfectly adequate generally. The bar was located a level lower and was far more enjoyable, although there were a lot of insects around.
The hotel arranged a trip to a nearby temple for my wife, which was well organized. Also, took us for a walk thru the neighboring Dilwara village, which was sorta cool...if you haven't been in an Indian village,but otherwise seemed like a normal walk. We had wanted to check out the step well, but the whole thing was a polluted mess...sorta disappointing.
The only really annoying part of the trip was another large group at the hotel, who were rather loud and poorly behaved. And largely ignorant towards providing basic courtesies to the other guests (blame their parents), but sometimes these things happen...and it isn't the fault of the hotel.
But generally, we had a great time and I would reco visiting the spot on any visit to Udaipur.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAAS Devigarh was conceived as a place where the past meets present. Nestled in the Aravali hills 28 kilometers away from the bustle of Udaipur, this all suite luxury resort assumes the look of modern India with an emphasis on design and detail. The interiors of 18th century fort palace of Delwara were transformed in a minimalist manner while conserving 250 year old exterior. The tranquil ambiance makes this Fort Palace an ideal wellness destination. The La Terre Spa by L'Occitane at RAAS Devigarh is a meditative place for rejuvenation. It offers an extensive selection of therapies that are a fusion of Indian and Mediterranean wellness concepts. The renowned French beauty brand offers its signature treatments alongside bespoke treatments for clients, using local flowers and herbs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelGuru and Expedia so you can book your RAAS Devigarh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devi Garh Hotel Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Rajsamand
- Devi Garh Fort Palace Hotel
- RAAS Devigarh Rajsamand, Rajasthan