We stayed in Jee Ri Haveli in January 2012. Overall, the stay wasn't outstanding.
The room itself was reasonably attractive looking, although bitterly cold at night (and even piling up blankets didn't help). It's in a really dirty part of town and the lake across the road is positively filthy - not exactly the hotel's fault, but something to bear in mind if you wanna stay. Sadly, the restaurant on the top floor was extremely bad and way overpriced. My wife (an Indian) had what she described as the worst pilau ever - not a single hint of any masala or taste.
On the plus side, the owner's son was very friendly and seemed to genuinely want us to enjoy ourselves. Also, the view of the fort from the top is very nice.
Note, the wifi connection was adequate, and unlike previous reviewers, we never had any issues with hot water.
So overall - if you don't mind being cold (or wrapping up warm to go to bed) and want to be as close to the market as possible then this place might work for you (as long as you eat elsewhere). Otherwise there are better places in town...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many people have dream of staying in a huge, royal palace on the seashore or on the banks of river or if not both at least a place facing the water reservoir. There is such a place at Gulab Sagar in Jodhpur. The 19th Century sandstone place built on a hillock facing Gulab Sagar is one of such places that are definitely going to win your heart. The bedrooms are air-conditioned, spacious, well appointed and exquisitely decorated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Yatra, MakeMyTrip, HostelWorld, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Jee Ri Haveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jee Ri Haveli Hotel Jodhpur
- Jee Ri Haveli Jodhpur, Rajasthan