All reviews his son train station budget hotel rooftop restaurant the owner hot water late train standard room jodhpur fort visited jodhpur
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2019 via mobile

I booked a night at Govind due to its FABULOUS location right by the train station (genuinely no more than 4-5 mins walk) and I had an early train out. The rooms and place looked nice as well which was a bonus - as was the view of the fort from the rooftop. HOWEVER - Govind surpassed my expectations and although only there for 12 hours I was sad to go! The owner greeted me warmly and mentioned he had a nicer room on the roof which wasn’t rented for that evening if I wanted to upgrade for free - which I did. His lovely son seems to run the restaurant on the roof and the food was wonderful! The view was also fantastic, and I met a couple of other solo travellers to pass the time with - only topped by the owner himself coming over to chat with us - he is a real character and great company.

Can’t recommend enough - fabulous value.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Thanks for the great review, jaggi.

Reviewed 11 November 2019

good food , funny & very helpful owner.beautifully decorated hotel.very good hotel to catch early or late train five mints walk from the station. indian breakfast upma & the masala tea was the highlight.i stayed for three night and i enjoy.

Date of stay: November 2019

Thanks for the review. Yes, we have always been helpful. Thanks, jaggi.

Reviewed 13 October 2019

I had visited Jodhpur in October. This is a good budget hotel at a walking distance from Railway Station if you come out from platform no.1. We were provided with a good clean room with excellent room service. The hotel has a rooftop restaurant which provides excellent food .The owners are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again on my next visit to Jodhpur. Thank you.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights & really enjoyed the experience. It's very well located very close to the station yet only a 15 minute leisurely stroll to the clock tower. The rooms are spotlessly clean and brightly decorated and the staff & owners are obliging & welcoming hosts. I also ate at the rooftop restaurant which was wonderful & tasty with a marvellous view. Overall an example of what a budget family run hotel should be.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2019

Thanks Sir, yes we are a family run hotel. The food made in the kitchen is also likemhome food. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

Nice budget hotel... Value for money... Stayed there for couple of hours and had dinner... Dinner was really good prepared by owner Jagdish ji son (sorry I forgot the name)... Jagdish ji was very helpful and cooperative...

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the review. Yes my son is a professional cook.