Lowest prices for your stay
$11
Free cancellation until 25/08/22
$13
Free cancellation until 24/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$8
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Hotels.com$11
Travelocity$11
FindHotel
All reviews his son railway station rooftop restaurant reached jodhpur fort backpackers rajasthan
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2019

I had visited Jodhpur in January 2015 for the first time and and stayed at Govind hotel for 3 nights. The stay was very comfortable and the experience was so pleasant that I opted for the same hotel this year.

As they always do, hotel owner Mr. Jaggi was prompt to respond the query and provide relevant information and the room was booked quickly.

Jaggi always follow up with the guests to confirm their time of arrival and we must say that it is helpful. I was travelling from Jaisalmer and was expecting to reach the hotel by 13:30. I receive a phone call from Jaggi when I was in train and I informed him about the expected time of arrival. When I reached the hotel, the room was ready and completion of check-in formalities hardly took some time.

The rooms and bathrooms in this hotel are spacious making the stay truly comfortable. Rooms are clean and the quality of bed sheets, blankets, pillows and toiletries are top notch. Being a small hotel, it actually works in favor of guests as they always get individual attention. Jaggi and his son Sohail ensure that guests are comfortable and they are always willing to help.

I wanted to travel to Nathdwara from Jodhpur by bus and Jaggi provided me complete information and help to book the ticket. Hotel is very close to Jodhpur station and offices of travel agencises are also nearby. The location is one of the biggest advantage for the one who decides to stay in this hotel.

One thing to mention here is the rooftop restaturant. During my first visit, I had preferred to order food from my room as I was travelling with my parents. Being alone this time, I went upstairs and was happy for my decision. The restaurant offers a very good view of the majestic Mehrangarh fort. The chairs and tables are comfortable and the food quality is excellent. Along with food, I also remember their ginger tea. This is one of the places where I loved the taste of tea.

Being my second visit, Jaggi provided me complementary breakfast and I truly appreciate his gesture.

The hotel doesn't have the facility of elevator and it is clearly mentioned by the hotel owners. However, this shouldn't be a deal breaker. Every penny spent here is worth and from my experience, I would certainly say that a pleasant stay is guaranteed. If you are looking for a place close to railway station, this is the best place to stay.

After my second visit, I may also say this is a place which I would like to call home away from home. I was at ease and also feeling safe and comfortable. As I like Jodhpur city, I am sure I am going to be there again in future and Govind hotel will be the only place where I am going to stay.

Room tip: All rooms are good when it comes to space and cleanliness. Rooms are good for solo traveller as well as for families.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2019

Dear Dhirenm, no words to extpess our thanks for such a great review. Jaggi.

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent place to stay at Jodhpur. The owner Jagdishji and his son sohailji are very loving personalities. Always ready to serve. All other staff members are also very cooperative. The rooftop resturant is excellent. The fort view and colourful environment is enjoying. Foods are delicious & within affordable price. The Room where we stayed though A bit small but was very clean, well maintained. 24 hour running water with hot water facilities. The beds need to be better. Lots of foreign tourists stays here without hesitations. Thanks Jagdish ji.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

Thank you for giving us 5 star. Yes we are changing our beds very soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2019

My daughter stayed here last week and I can say that this is a place where a solo female travellor can feel comfortable to stay. I called the hotel a few times and the proprietor Mr Jagadish was very helpful and reassuring. Also it is a bonus that it is so very close to the railway station.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2019

Thanks for the great review. Yes you are very much right, i the owner, is always sitting at the reception with our cctv camera on. Ours is a family hotel, where we take care of all our guests, like a family. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

Stayed there in the last week of Dec 2018,Well maintained, service is good, good food at roof top restaurant with a view of fort. Jaggi Ji and Sohel Ji was awesome and planned our tour well. Really indeed a good experience

Room tip: very near to Station and Sardar Market
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2019

Dear Joydeep, thanks for the review. We give our best to all our guests. Our roof top food has always been excellent.

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Excellent place to stay before plane ride.
Close to the airport with all your necessary need. We asked for extra blankets and they supplied without a doubt. Water tank a bit small. Not extraordinary decore but decent.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2019

Thank you Sir, we start the new year with a 5 star review. We shall keep up our standard for 2019. Shall do our best to keep all the guests happy. We don't want more decor since it is a budget hotel. We want the hotel to be clean and helpful.