“Very helpful staff and nice place to stay!”
Review of Govind Hotel

Govind Hotel
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Jodhpur
Austria
“Very helpful staff and nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I arrived super early from Delhi, like 04.45, a man from the hotel was waiting for me at the station just outside the wagon door !!! He was holding even a bottle of water, which is a super cute and considerate detail :-)
He took me to the hotel and as there was availability they let me check in so early, which was something exceptional as I was tired.
The owner, Jaggi, very helpful with my questions, and very honest, suggesting me nice places and restaurants, not only praising his own restaurant as most people do. However the roof top restaurant was excellent for breakfast and snacks!!! Nice Lassi and Parathas, coffee and Masala Chai. I have absolutely no complaint !
If I would return to Jodhpur I would definetly stay at the same hotel !

Room Tip: Roof top room, Deluxe A/C was excellent! And direct access to Roof Top restaurant!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Awesome write up. You have covered up our full hotel. My hotel, staff and the food. Thanks a lot.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
basingstoke
Reviewed 10 April 2012

What can I say about Govind? In all the time I travelled, in all the countries of the world this is without doubt the best place I’ve stayed in.
A wonderfully helpful family run business, not in the slightest bit pushy, who can arrange anything you want at a good price. Jaggi and his family pride themselves on giving a quality service which they do with honours.
The rooms are well turned out and well looked after, the absolute best value for money you will get in India. I paid twice as much for half as good in a lot of places I visited.
The roof top restaurant serves some of the best food at the best prices in India and if you’d like it a little hotter they will happily oblige you, add that to the very peaceful atmosphere that’s been created and it’s a tourist attraction in its own right. Be prepared to eat dinner with Chipmunks, Kingfishers and Parrots. I met and talked to more travellers here than I did anywhere else in India, there is a real hostel feel about the place.
Add in the Wifi and location to the railway station and it’s not far short of perfect, they will even arrange to collect you from your train.
I loved staying here so much I went back at the end of my time in India just because…

Room Tip: ask for one at the back away from the road
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you very much for such remarkable comments. You have mentioned every bit about me and my hotel. Will work harder to keep up to my reputation. We are now on Facebook.
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have been visiting many Hotels and like other reviews here the hotel was fantastic value for us. Highly recommended. Apart from other food ask for packed lunch if you are planning to catch train from Jodhpur we had it at nominal rates and enjoyed it. Also visit all the farshan and sweet meat shops around and make stay at Jodhpur memorable

Room Tip: Room on terrace
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thanks Ajit, after so many tears but yet you have real great feelings for our hotel. Please come and visit our new Govind Hotel.
Bristol
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at Govind. The (owner?) / manager, Jaggi, was very helpful in organising our stay and taxi from Udaipur. Our room was clean and spacious and the rooftop restaurant was a great place to escape the bustling streets.

Location next to the railway station was very good - walking distance to the markets and a rickshaw to the fort was about 80 rupees.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Golden Hut" on the roof. The hotel was quiet and is was nice that it ope...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2012

It's not the Ritz, but you can't beat it for the price and hospitality, hence the five stars. Jaggi, the owner, is an all-around nice guy. That's not always easy to find in India. I stayed here with my girlfriend in March 2012, and it served our needs perfectly. We wanted a place close to the train to catch the 5am to Jaisalmer. Our room was simple but had hot water and a normal shower. Govind hotel has WiFi, which is always good for me because I occasionally need the internet for work when I'm on vacation. We paid 1000 rupees for our room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
govindhotel2000, Owner at Govind Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Thank You Sir for giving us a 5 star category. This gives us a boost to work more. My only wish is to make a budget 5 star with all basic amenities. Thanking you, jaggi