“An oasis in the Desert”
Review of Ranbanka Palace

Ranbanka Palace
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Jodhpur
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was in Jodhpur on business, and returning to Ranbanka in the evenings was a delight. The staff were great, and were happy to move me to a room near the pool, after I requested it. The grounds are well maintained, and the restaurant is good. Entertainment in the evenings adds a nice cultural touch. I had to change some money there, and I was given a very fair exchange rate.
The only small negative I have, is that they outsource their internet provider, and I found it very pricey as I had to pay double - once for my notebook, and again for my i-phone!!!
Apart from that, I would highly recommend the Ranbanka, and I will be staying there again myself!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the pool courtyard area
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kembali01
Vinit C, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will happily share your comments with the rest of the team and I am sure it will make them very happy. Regarding the Internet feedback, we have noted the same and our planning to have an in-house setup in the Hotel instead of having the outsourced one (like we have right now). I am sure this will solve the purpose and will be as per your liking. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Ranbanka Palace for some more pampering.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

What I remember about my visit to the Ranbanka Palace in Jodhpur is (1) the tranquility of the hotel, in the midst of all the noise and activity outside, (2) the cleanliness of all parts of the hotel, and (3) the attention of the staff. There was one in particular that was so memorable. Her name, I recall, was Chanchal. And she was so pleasant with her attentions , intelligent, attentive to my problems, professional , and interpersonally adept that I felt she was immediately a friend as well as a proud member of the staff. This is an excellent hotel. I will look for every opportunity to return to the Ranbanka Palace in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

I am delighted to receive such a wonderful feedback for our staff. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will personally share your appreciation to our Team Member- Chanchal, and I am sure she would be motivated more and delight all our guests. We will surely look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Beautiful hotel, good rooms, and although not in the center, it is easy to take a riksja to and from the hotel. Very friendly helpful staff. It is apparently a popular place for tourist groups, we have not seen any Indian guests there. But there is a good indian restaurant (the rock I believe) at three minutes walk, and again, city is easy to reach if you want more Indian athmosphere. Breakfast was a bit simple, but they promised to improve that.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henk S

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and appreciating our Staff for service during your recent experience at The Ranbanka Palace. We have shared the feedback with our Chef regarding the breakfast spread and we assure you that on you next visit, you will have the desired variety in breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while on a tour of the Golden Triangle in India. The rooms were impeccably clean and the food was tasty (a mixture of spicy and not too spicy). The staff at the front desk staff is extremely courteous and knowledgeable. I had to use my computer and the staff was very helpful in making things simple for me.

You must also pick up a pair of Rajasthani slippers that Mano makes himself and sells at the hotel. I checked around and they are the most well made at the best price around. Stop by and say hello even if you don't need slippers, he is a very nice man and I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation.

I would be very happy to return to this hotel for a longer stay. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JO_Montreal_12

I am very pleased to read this lovely review. Thank you very much for taking the time to post it. I will happily share your comments with the rest of the team and I am sure it will make them very happy. I look forward to welcoming you again, to your Jodhpur home – Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

of all the places we stayed at in 10 days this was the worst service - the service was just tourist weary and the drinks were the highest prices - for a likka it was 220 rupees which is usually 100 rupees so be careful. other than that the rooms were fine and we just stayed for one night so not much time to really see. we did however watch a bollywood movie next door - kinda fun - in Hindi but you kinda gets the jist of it - also a little mall in the same place to get indian goods at local prices.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am really surprised to learn about your experience which was not so good while you stayed with us. Please accept my apologies. I have taken this up very seriously with the Team and management. We are investing on Training our Team and assure you that we will definitely take good care of you on your next visit. Please do let me know your plans for next visit and I will be delighted to assist