“Good, bit touristy hotel”
Review of Ranbanka Palace

Ranbanka Palace
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Zeist, The Netherlands
“Good, bit touristy hotel”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Beautiful hotel, good rooms, and although not in the center, it is easy to take a riksja to and from the hotel. Very friendly helpful staff. It is apparently a popular place for tourist groups, we have not seen any Indian guests there. But there is a good indian restaurant (the rock I believe) at three minutes walk, and again, city is easy to reach if you want more Indian athmosphere. Breakfast was a bit simple, but they promised to improve that.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nlohesc
Vinit C, General Manager at Ranbanka Palace, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and appreciating our Staff for service during your recent experience at The Ranbanka Palace. We have shared the feedback with our Chef regarding the breakfast spread and we assure you that on you next visit, you will have the desired variety in breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Hebrew first
Montreal
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while on a tour of the Golden Triangle in India. The rooms were impeccably clean and the food was tasty (a mixture of spicy and not too spicy). The staff at the front desk staff is extremely courteous and knowledgeable. I had to use my computer and the staff was very helpful in making things simple for me.

You must also pick up a pair of Rajasthani slippers that Mano makes himself and sells at the hotel. I checked around and they are the most well made at the best price around. Stop by and say hello even if you don't need slippers, he is a very nice man and I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation.

I would be very happy to return to this hotel for a longer stay. I was sad to leave!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JO_Montreal_12
I am very pleased to read this lovely review. Thank you very much for taking the time to post it. I will happily share your comments with the rest of the team and I am sure it will make them very happy. I look forward to welcoming you again, to your Jodhpur home – Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur.
Paris, France
Reviewed 14 April 2012

of all the places we stayed at in 10 days this was the worst service - the service was just tourist weary and the drinks were the highest prices - for a likka it was 220 rupees which is usually 100 rupees so be careful. other than that the rooms were fine and we just stayed for one night so not much time to really see. we did however watch a bollywood movie next door - kinda fun - in Hindi but you kinda gets the jist of it - also a little mall in the same place to get indian goods at local prices.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am really surprised to learn about your experience which was not so good while you stayed with us. Please accept my apologies. I have taken this up very seriously with the Team and management. We are investing on Training our Team and assure you that we will definitely take good care of you on your next visit. Please do let me know your plans for next visit and I will be delighted to assist
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

A beautiful Raj era hotel with beautiful grounds and pool. Our room looked onto the garden and was very spacious, clean and large clean bathroom with hairdryer and lots of hot water in the shower. They have WIFI available for a reasonable cost. They also have satellite T.V. and a small fridge and nice seating area. Had a massage at the hotel spa which was reasonably priced and very good. Good food and breakfast buffet had a very good variety with freshly made omelets available. A little noisy at night as a group were sitting in the garden drinking and talking loudly. We did call security and they left by 11 p.m. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin L
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at The Ranbanka Palace, Jodhpur. I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay, nonetheless, I do apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused, I will make sure to address this with our Housekeeping and Front Office Department. I wish to see you soon.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very beautiful hotel. Perform in the evening. The breakfast is good. Spacius rooms.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will personally share your feedback with our Chef and I am sure he will be excited too. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.